Contributed by ProInspire
The Program: At ProInspire, we are dedicated to building the next generation of nonprofit leaders who will change the world. We are currently recruiting top professionals with 2-5 years of business experience to be a part of our flagship program, the ProInspire Fellowship. This highly competitive program offers targeted positions with leading nonprofits, monthly trainings with a cohort of peers, a coach, and a network to support career growth. Fellows spend one year working in an analytical, operational, marketing or strategic role at a nonprofit organization.
Eligibility: ProInspire conducts a rigorous selection process based on the selection criteria and needs of hiring organizations. Successful candidates will have:
- A minimum of two years of business experience by August 2013
- Passion for using their business skills to have a positive impact on society
- Humility and eagerness to learn
- Demonstrated initiative, self-direction and a “can-do” attitude
- Adaptability in ambiguous situations and demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Willingness to live in the Washington D.C. or the San Francisco Bay Area area for the program
Fellowship Benefits: Fellows participate in orientation, a mandatory Fellows retreat, monthly workshops, coaching, and leadership development projects. Fellows also receive career/graduate school support. After the program, Fellows stay in the social sector, find other career opportunities, or attend graduate school. Annual compensation of $45,000 and health benefits are provided by the hiring organization.
Application Deadline: Candidates applying for April start dates should submit their application through our website by Friday, February 1, 2013. Candidates applying for August start dates should submit their application by Friday, March 1, 2013 for priority consideration. Learn more about our program by joining one of our information calls and apply online.
- ProInspire Now Recruiting The Next Generation Of Nonprofit Leaders
- Building A Social Sector Career: 3 Questions With ProInspire Fellow Crystal Moore
- Kicking Off ProFellow’s Spring Online Seminar Tour This Week!
- Applications Now Open: New Community Organizing Fellowship Opportunity!
- Extraordinary Mentorship Opportunity: Butler Koshland’s Newest Fellowship Now…
Join the crowd
Our step-by-step guide for a competitive fellowship application
1. Create a plan
2. Project proposal ideas
3. Talk to current / former fellows
4. Prepare an effective resumé
5. Find a host institution
6. Write a compelling personal statement
7. Prepare a strong project proposal
8. Get great recommendation letters (P1)
9. Get great recommendation letters (P2)
10. Nail the individual and group interviews