The Amelia Earhart Fellowship program helps talented women pursue advanced studies in aerospace-related sciences and engineering, a field traditionally dominated by men. Today women represent just 10% of professionals in these fields.
The Amelia Earhart Fellowship is an award of $10,000 USD, and is given annually to 35 recipients from all over the globe. The fellowship award can be used to purchase things such as state-of-the-art computers, books, and other resources for conducting research. To date, Amelia Earhart Fellows represent 65 different countries, and have gone on to become astronauts, aerospace engineers, astronomers, professors, geologists, business owners, heads of companies, even Secretary of the US Air Force.
Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-related sciences and aerospace-related engineering are eligible to apply.
“The Amelia Earhart Fellowship is more than a fellowship that helped me financially while conducting my research. I met so many wonderful women in all walks of life that are truly engaged in helping women to advance and succeed, the spirit of which I will appreciate for a long time to come.” - Peihua Jing, China, Amelia Earhart Fellow, 2002 & 2005
What’s even better about this fellowship is that you can win it more than once! To learn more about the Amelia Earhart Fellowship Program please visit the website.
- A Review of Science and Engineering Fellowships
- L’Oreal Fellowships Help Women Make a Difference in Science
- Fellowships For International Students: 3 Questions With AAUW Fellow Monica Stancu
- Fellowships for International Students and Professionals: We’re On The Hunt
- Fellowships for Women in Business: 3 Questions With Forté Foundation Fellow Joysy…
Join the crowd
Our step-by-step guide for a competitive fellowship application
1. Create a plan
2. Project proposal ideas
3. Talk to current / former fellows
4. Prepare an effective resumé
5. Find a host institution
6. Write a compelling personal statement
7. Prepare a strong project proposal
8. Get great recommendation letters (P1)
9. Get great recommendation letters (P2)
10. Nail the individual and group interviews