Seeking creative, enthusiastic sales assistant (1-2 hours per day, M-F)
Do you love ProFellow? Do you like to spread the word about fellowships? Would you like to be part of the effort to expand ProFellow’s social impact mission to make fellowship and funding opportunities more accessible and discoverable?
Come join our team!
We are seeking a part-time Sales Assistant to help market, sell and execute our online advertising options to our esteemed fellowship partners, including foundations, non-profits, universities and government agencies who want to promote scholarships, funding awards and master’s/doctoral programs to our readership.
We are seeking a highly motivated, super detail-oriented, early career go-getter who can respond daily to inbound advertising inquiries from these organizations. This role is perfect for someone who is eager to work with ProFellow, learn new skills, and work remotely from the comfort of their home.
The sales assistant will be in charge of tracking the full life cycle of the customer from negotiation, sale, execution and results. Specifically, the sales assistant would be responsible for:
– responding to emails inquiring about advertising,
– learn about the customer’s desired audience,
– negotiate an effective ad package for them
– send and track invoices
– receive and send on ad copy and images to our designer
– track the advertising launch to ensure things go out on time
– send ad results to the customer
– make upsells
– and track each step in our customer tracking software
A key part of the job is regular follow-up with customers who made inquiries about advertising. The work averages out to about 1-2 hours per day, Monday through Friday. The assistant will need to check for customer emails at least twice per day, once in the morning and once afternoon during U.S. business hours. Customers need to be responded to quickly and efficiently. Responsiveness is a key aspect of this role and requires Monday through Friday availability.
This position offers a competitive hourly rate as well as a quarterly bonus when you surpass sales goals. The more effective you are working in landing sales, the more you make!
This role involves understanding our business and our audience, and knowing how to provide value to our customers based on the type of candidates our customers are seeking for their awards.
The necessary skills/availability include:
- You need to have the ability to review and respond to emails twice per day Monday – Friday during U.S. business hours. There is flexibility on the exact times, but you need to be available for at least 1 hour from 6am – 10am EDT and at least 1 hour from 1pm to 4pm EDT 5 days a week, Monday through Friday.
- You must also be able to do occasional phone calls with customers during U.S. business hours (only once or twice a month when requested).
- Excellent written English grammar skills (native English fluency preferred)
- Strong customer service skills & friendly attitude
- Quick-learner – you only need to be trained once, you can quickly understand goals and desired outcomes, and you ask questions when something is unclear
- Comfortable negotiating sales and not afraid to push the envelope and do outreach to non-responses
- Familiarity with WordPress and familiarity with Mailchimp are a plus
- Creative eye and email marketing experience a huge plus
About the Role:
- Part-time, contract position (6 months) with possibility for extension
- 15 – 20 hours per week, averaging 2 hours of work per day Monday through Friday
- Competitive hourly rate
- Fully remote – can be done anywhere in the world
- Hours are flexible but you must but you need to be available for at least 1 hour from 6am – 10am EDT and at least 1 hour from 1pm to 4pm EDT 5 days a week, Monday through Friday.
Who this role is ideal for:
This role is ideal for someone who knows ProFellow well, is excited about our mission, is very familiar with (and ideally has experience on) fellowships, and would be eager to work with ProFellow’s Founder and Director, Dr. Vicki Johnson.
It’s also ideal for someone who would like to work remotely on their computer from the comfort of their home.
The type of person we are looking for:
- Current or recent early-career Fellow with a flexible schedule who is seeking to supplement their income
- Senior undergraduate or graduate student with a flexible schedule (must be reliable)
We prefer someone who is smart, detail-oriented and a quick learner over someone who simply has sales experience. This role is primarily administrative and best suited for someone who is early in their career. We have full documentation and training materials for this position so you will be set up for success.
This position is for an immediate start. There will be a 2-week paid pilot period to determine if you are a good fit for the position.
How to Apply
Please complete this form with your interest. We’ll be in touch within 1 week. Please do not send follow-up emails.