Sponsored by The Mind Trust
The Mind Trust’s mission is to provide every student in Indianapolis, no exceptions, with access to a high-quality education. Our Innovation School Fellowship invests in talented leaders who will launch high-quality, equitable schools for Indianapolis students.
The Innovation School Fellowship (ISF) Opportunity
Through this nationally unique paid fellowship, exceptional school leaders have the opportunity to spend one to two years developing sustainable school models for Indianapolis that:
- Attract and retain high-quality, diverse talent;
- Commit to equitably serve their school community; and
- Have an academic vision of excellence for all students.
Great Leaders for Great Schools
The Mind Trust believes it takes exceptional school leaders to design and build schools that provide all students, no exceptions, with the education they deserve. Because of this, we are looking for Fellowship applicants who exhibit:
- Experience managing teams of adults to achieve outstanding results for students;
- An ambitious, laser-like focus on academic achievement for all students;
- A dedication to equity and its impact on students, communities, teachers, and governance;
- An entrepreneurial drive that communicates resilience, fortitude, and visionary solutions for intractable challenges; and
- A research-grounded model with a clear mission and vision that will motivate stakeholders.
World-Class Supports for Exceptional School Leaders
Innovation School Fellows are paid one or two full years of a competitive salary with healthcare and benefits. Additionally, Fellows access a wide variety of supports, including:
- Personalized coaching and support from a network of educational and executive leaders;
- Collaboration with a cohort of education leaders with similar goals and diverse backgrounds;
- Opportunities to travel and engage with leaders at some of the nation’s most innovative schools;
- Access to expertise and feedback on the school development, charter approval, launch, and local community engagement processes; and
- Commitment to ongoing support once the school is launched.
Cohort 8 Application and Selection Process
The first step in the application process is to submit a Statement of Intent through the submission portal by January 6, 2021.
Please contact Paula Glover at email@example.com with any questions! We are happy to speak with interested applicants about how we support Fellows, the benefits of the Fellowship, the application process, or other questions you might have as you consider this opportunity
Not ready to apply this year? Bookmark the Innovation School Fellowship to your ProFellow account.