Sponsored by Cultural Vistas
Cultural Vistas is pleased to announce the application for the 2014 Cultural Vistas Fellowship is now open.
The program affords underrepresented U.S. university students a unique summer fellowship opportunity to gain professional experience through an eight-week internship in Argentina, Germany or Singapore. The theme of this year’s Cultural Vistas Fellowship is environmental sustainability.
Strong preference will be given to students historically underrepresented in international exchange. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Pell Grant recipients;
- First-generation college students;
- STEM majors;
- Members of minority communities within the United States; and
- Non-traditional students.
The fully-funded fellowship includes:
- Internship placement;
- Accommodation throughout the program;
- Pre-departure, in-country, and re-entry orientations;
- Emergency medical insurance; and
- Program-related travel expenses, including round-trip flights to the host country.
2013 Cultural Vistas Fellow Jillian Reilly, a student at the University of Minnesota, described her fellowship experience in Singapore in a recent interview with ProFellow. Jillian completed an internship with Waterways Watch Society (WWS), a local environmental awareness nonprofit. Read more about her experience and her fellowship application tips.
Cultural Vistas Fellowship Eligibility:
- U.S. citizen, age 18-30, enrolled full-time at a four-year accredited U.S. college or university
- Rising junior or senior status; minimum GPA of 3.0
- No formal prior work or study abroad experiences
- Academic or practical experience (volunteer or work) in environmental sustainability or related sciences
- Proficiency in language of host country (applicable in Germany and Argentina only)
To learn more about the Cultural Vistas Fellowship and read about the experiences of the 2013 fellows, please visit www.culturalvistas.org/cvfellowship.
Questions should be directed to [email protected].
Application Deadline: February 7, 2014