Sponsored by Facebook
The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study and supports talented students from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record and recommendation letters.
Winners of the fellowship will receive:
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit
Applicants must be full-time PhD students currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country.
Students’ work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see webpage for more details).
Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded.
How To Apply
Applications must include:
- 500-word research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- Two letters of recommendation (one reference must be from an academic advisor)
Deadline: October 4, 2019
Not ready to apply this year? Bookmark the Facebook Fellowship to your ProFellow account.