Sponsored by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) is proud to announce the NREL Director’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. The fellowships are designed to attract the next generation of exceptionally qualified scientists and engineers with outstanding talent and credentials in renewable energy research and related disciplines. One of the fellowship positions is named the Nozik Fellowship, in recognition of Emeritus Senior Research Fellow Dr. Arthur J. Nozik and his outstanding scientific contributions to renewable energy.
Apply to participate in transformational research in the following areas: Bioenergy, wind technology, wave and tidal power, marine energy, electricity resources and building systems, solar, geothermal, photovoltaics, basic energy science, physics, computational science, hydrogen technologies, transportation technologies and systems, biosciences, strategic energy analysis, systems engineering and program integration, power systems engineering, micro-grid technology, and data modeling.
NREL is located in beautiful Golden, Colorado, is a leader in the U.S. Department of Energy’s effort to secure an energy future for the nation that is environmentally and economically sustainable.
- Applicants will be selected based on eligibility, program expectations, publications, and research proposals.
- Successful candidates will have completed a PhD within two years and will serve a two-year term.
- Includes a premium salary rate, additional funding for conferences/presentations, competitive benefits package, and relocation (for moves greater than 50 miles from NREL).
Highly qualified postdocs with a record of superior academic performance; demonstrated research and academic accomplishments in renewable energy technologies; and extraordinary scientific research abilities are encouraged to apply.
- All Ph.D. requirements completed prior to appointment and be at an early point in a promising career of world-class research and leadership in the appropriate discipline
- Full-time commitment to an NREL research program to extend through the duration of the fellowship
- NREL researcher/mentor’s nomination application for submission to the Postdoctoral Research Review Committee.
Successful applicants will meet the same legal requirements required of all NREL employees.
Additional expectations for the fellowship program include:
- Proposed research scheduled to meet the laboratory’s overall research needs
- Annual performance evaluation progress reports
- Mid-term evaluation/research expectations by mentor and center director
Final report due at fellowship conclusion to include: an abstract of the research conducted and copies of publications resulting from the research.
How to Apply
Applications due September 1, 2017 for a fellowship beginning in October 2017.
For additional information, visit https://www.nrel.gov/careers/directors-fellowship.html.
Scientists: Learn more and apply here
Engineers: Learn more and apply here
Analysts: Learn more and apply here
Questions about the Director’s Fellowship? Contact email@example.com
EEO Policy / E-Verify
NREL’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
NREL is a national laboratory of the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, operated by the Alliance for Sustainable Energy, LLC.
Not ready to apply this year? Bookmark the NREL Director’s Postdoctoral Fellowship to your ProFellow account.