Sponsored by The Asia Foundation
Apply Now: LeadNext, Ambassadors for a Global Future – a program of The Asia Foundation
Are you an emerging leader with a commitment to addressing issues such as injustice, climate change, and inequity? Apply now to LeadNext: Ambassadors for a Global Future, The Asia Foundation’s dynamic program focused on global citizenship for the 21st century.
LeadNext builds a vibrant network of future leaders aged 18-25 from across Asia and the United States and supports their growth, impact, and capacity to address today’s greatest challenges.
Apply by October 31st.
LeadNext is focused on building “transformative” leaders—leaders who inspire change—by supporting them in the nascent stages of their careers. A global world calls for a new generation of leaders who can think globally and communicate cross-culturally. Exchange between the U.S. and Asia is vital. LeadNext provides a rigorous curriculum and an intense, shared experience that give fellows a lens on global citizenship and a framework for leadership that is grounded in empathy and self-awareness.
Positive change will depend on passionate leaders who can move ideas and action forward and empower communities most vulnerable and insecure. The LeadNext program equips emerging leaders across cultures and disciplines with strong international networks, exposure to wide-ranging experiences, and leadership tools to thoughtfully steer the future.
- Emerging leaders aged 18-25 years old
- A cohort of 10 people from Asia + 10 people from U.S.
- Invests in creative and transformative next-generation leaders
LeadNext promotes cross-cultural dialogue, trust, and cooperation among the next generation of global leaders with a commitment to effecting positive change.
LEADERSHIP TRAINING INTENSIVE (JAN-MAR 2023)
- Builds leadership competencies for social change leadership
- Strengths tools for effective leadership including public speaking and elevating impact
- Includes interactive teambuilding, knowledge sharing, and skills-building exercises
- Provides opportunities for Fellows to share about their backgrounds, communities, projects, and passions
- Meet virtually 1-3 times a week over several weeks
MONTHLY VIRTUAL MASTERCLASSES (MAR-JULY 2023)
- Global experts provide exposure to real-world experiences of leaders in the U.S. and Asia addressing a range of real-world issues
- Develop lasting skills, tools, and mindsets to better understand the policies and ecosystems that impact
- Study complex issues, processes, and challenges related to social change in the U.S. and Asia and bring collective experience to bear on these discussions
GLOBAL LEADERS SUMMIT (WEEK OF JULY 17, 2023)
- Capstone convening in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Deepen and expand learning from the previous eight months through rigorous exchange, continued leadership development, and tools to tackle 21st century challenges
- Training in best practices in innovative leadership
- Fellows paired with a professional mentor based on their specific interests
- Mentors drawn from the Foundation’s broad network to connect emerging leaders with recognized leaders, influencers, and shapers
Listen and learn more!
LeadNext Fellows are dynamic emerging leaders from any field with a commitment to creative approaches to addressing issues such as climate change, conflict, inequity, injustice, poverty, or other pressing issues. Fellows demonstrate outstanding character, integrity, and are respected leaders within their communities with an interest in cross-cultural exchange.
Candidates must be:
- Aged 18-25 years old during program year
- Fully conversant in English
- Able to commit to attending ALL sessions with an understanding we are working across many time zones. Virtual sessions will take place in the mornings in Asia and evenings in the US for approximately 2 hours per session.
- Excellent listeners, show humility, and have ability to collaborate sensitively across cultures
- Applicants from the U.S. includes U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and DACA recipients
- Candidates from Asia must be nominated by The Asia Foundation staff in countries where the Foundation maintains a presence: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pacific Islands nations, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam. If you are not in touch with our country offices, please apply through the portal and we will forward your materials to the office in your home country
Application open September 19-October 31, 2022
For more information email: [email protected]
Visit: Program Website
Watch: Instagram Reel
Listen: LeadNext Fellows: Citizens of the World (InAsia Podcast)
Read: Blog- 2022 Program
Not ready to apply this year? Bookmark the LeadNext Fellows Program to your ProFellow account.
ProFellow, LLC 2022, all rights reserved