Sponsored by Council on Foreign Relations
The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is seeking applicants for its 2024–25 Stanton Nuclear Security Fellowship. The fellowship offers postdoctoral fellows or junior faculty in tenure-track positions at U.S. universities studying nuclear security issues the opportunity to spend twelve months conducting policy-relevant research at CFR’s New York or Washington, DC, offices. Junior faculty at law schools or with a law degree as their terminal degree are also eligible. CFR awards up to two fellowships annually.
While in residence full time at CFR, selected fellows will be expected to lead a project of their own design, conduct original research, and write at least one policy-relevant document. The fellows will also be mentored by the fellows of CFR’s David Rockefeller Studies Program.
The fellowship begins in September 2024 and runs for twelve months. The program awards a stipend of $137,000 for junior faculty and $101,000 for postdoctoral fellows.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- Applicants must possess a strong record of professional achievement.
- Applicants must be postdoctoral fellows or junior faculty in a tenure-track position at a recognized university.
- Junior faculty at law schools or with a law degree as their terminal degree are also eligible.
Selection as a Stanton Nuclear Security Fellow is based on the following criteria:
- Scholarly qualifications
- Professional accomplishments
- Merits and feasibility of an application proposal that focuses on nuclear security issues. Appropriate potential topics include nuclear terrorism, nuclear proliferation, nuclear weapons, and nuclear force posture.
The selection process is highly competitive. The selection committee chooses one or two candidates each year as fellows.
How to Apply
Program details, eligibility requirements, and the online application can be found at: https://www.cfr.org/fellowships/stanton-nuclear-security-fellowship. Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
Apply by December 1, 2023.
If you have questions about the fellowship, please email [email protected].
CFR has a long-standing commitment to making the foreign policy community in the United States more representative of American society as a whole and actively seeks fellowship candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Not ready to apply now? Bookmark the CFR Stanton Nuclear Security Fellowship to your ProFellow account.
© ProFellow, LLC 2023, all rights reserved