Sponsored by The Mind Trust
Applications are now open for The Mind Trust School Fellowship!
The Mind Trust invests in public education to transform lives in neighborhoods across Indianapolis. They work with their community toward a day when race and income are no longer predictors of life outcomes.
The Mind Trust is looking for talented US-Based K-12 Education Leaders in roles such as School Principal, Vice Principal, Dean, Superintendent, CMO, Head of Schools, Head Teacher, or private or charter school Founder to apply for The Mind Trust School Fellowship. This program develops sustainable educational models to launch or restart schools within the Indianapolis Public School district.
Watch a replay of The Mind Trust Application Workshop: ProFellow Founder Dr. Vicki Johnson recently hosted a special workshop to share some tips on creating a stand-out application for The Mind Trust School Fellowship. Watch now!
- A nationally unique paid fellowship opportunity for talented school leaders
- One to two-year cohort experience with other fellows working on launching high-quality public schools
- Opportunities to travel and engage with leaders at some of the nation’s best innovative schools
- Extensive expertise and feedback on school design and building process from an experienced team who supported the launch of 41 public schools in Indianapolis
- Fellows in the 2-year fellowship will participate in a 1-year residency program and be assigned to one of our existing portfolio schools. Assignments will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and anticipated school model.
Fellows must be experienced school leaders, including School Principal, Vice Principal, Dean, Superintendent, CMO, Head of Schools, Head Teacher, or private or charter school Founders who have successfully led a school and possess a vision for an equitable, sustainable public school model for Indianapolis students. We are looking for Fellowship applicants who have:
- Team-based management experience
- Demonstrated success in raising student achievement outcomes
- An ambitious focus on equity
- An entrepreneurial approach to challenges
- Resilience, fortitude, and vision
- A research-grounded model with a clear and motivating mission
- Fellows are paid one or two full years of a competitive salary with healthcare and benefits. Additionally, fellows access a wide variety of support, including:
- Personalized coaching and support from a network of educational and executive leaders
- Collaboration with a cohort of educational leaders with similar goals and diverse backgrounds
- Opportunities to travel and engage with leaders at some of the nation’s most innovative schools
- Access to expertise and feedback on the school development, charter approval, launch, and local community engagement processes
- Opportunities for ongoing support once the school is launched
Watch the Application Workshop Replay:
ProFellow Founder Dr. Vicki Johnson recently hosted a special workshop to share some tips on creating a stand-out application for The Mind Trust School Fellowship. Watch now!
Meet the Fellows:
Statement of Intent Due: January 9, 2023
Full application opens (for invited applicants): January 23, 2023
Full application due and background checks: February 9, 2023
Applicants identified to advance: February 13, 2023
Site visit and final internal interview: February 15, 2023
Register for one of our Office Hour sessions to ask questions about the School Fellowship, learn more about what makes a high-quality Statement of Intent, and meet the team behind the Fellowship.
Applications Now Open!
Deadline for Statement of Intent: January 9, 2023
Sign up for The Mind Trust’s newsletter to get updates on The Mind Trust School Fellowship right to your inbox.
Not ready to apply today? Bookmark The Mind Trust School Fellowship to your ProFellow account.
ProFellow, LLC 2022, all rights reserved