Sponsored by IDEX Global Fellows Program
IDEX is developing the next wave of “social intrapreneurs” who will support, lead and advance the work of socially-focused enterprises around the world!
This Fellowship is for young professionals (21 – 35 years old) from across the globe who want to deep dive into the social impact space and get first hand experience of working in one of India’s most popular and vibrant social enterprise communities, Bangalore. Fellows choose a sector of their interest such as Education, Health, Environment and Energy, Women’s Empowerment, Livelihoods, Impact Investing etc., to base their full-time placement with an organisation for 6 months in India.
The program is committed to enabling immersive learning experiences for Fellows by way of having them ideate, develop, prototype and test solutions in an environment that encourages co-creation and collaboration, all while also learning from peers, resident mentors and sector experts.
In our 8 years of running the IDEX Global Fellows Program, we have had the privilege of working with some of the most influential organisations (sneak peak here). We’ve come to better understand how to bridge the talent gap in this rapidly evolving development sector. Now, we’re searching all corners of the world for individuals who are committed and passionate about having a high-impact career and advancing the social impact space.
IN A NUTSHELL:
- 3 Week Virtual Orientation + 1 Week Field Orientation to induct you into India’s social sector and prepare you for the next six month field experience
- 24 Weeks Social Enterprise Placement in India where your professional growth will be matched by personal growth while equipping you with the right tools to excel
- Supported with a relevant, creative and progressive curriculum covering Social Innovation, Communications & Outreach, Resource Mobilization and Impact Assessment
- Capacity Building Workshops & Meetings led by Subject Matter Experts and Mentors-in-Residence who are seasoned professionals and thought leaders in their respective fields
We are seeking young professionals (ages 21-35) who have a proven track record of leadership and are seeking to use their education and skills to address social and economic challenges for under-served populations. IDEX Fellows come from a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds, as each individual fellowship position requires different specific skills. Ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience
- Proven track record of leadership responsibilities
- A passion and desire to work in emerging markets and use social enterprise principles to solve global issues
- An ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments
- Desire to engage in an intense professional development experience while applying creative solutions to deepen impact
- Pre-departure Virtual Training
- Monthly Transportation Stipend of $125 (approx. INR 8500) for the 6 months of fellowship term (prorated for the first and last months)
- Housing in Bangalore for 1st month of fellowship term
- Monthly capacity building workshops
- Networking opportunities
- An advising program that pairs fellows with local resident mentors and a curated curriculum
- A one-week Orientation in Bangalore, India to begin the fellowship
- Professional development and personal support from a dedicated in-country program manager
- Post-fellowship support
- Internationally recognized professional certification in Social Enterprise
- Strategically transitioning your professional skills to service the development sector in one of the biggest emerging markets
- Adding professional credibility with this one of a kind, on the ground experience
- Being engaged with an incredible diversity of world views, experiences and cultural traditions that fellows bring to the program.
- Life Skilling – getting comfortable with being uncomfortable
- Exposure to invaluable professional networks and alumni network opportunities
- A global family for life!
Early Bird Application Deadline – September 1, 2018
Regular Deadline – October 15, 2018
Apply Online at www.idexaccelerator.com
The fellowship begins on January 7, 2019, and ends on June 28, 2019.