Sponsored by Cultural Vistas
Alfa-Bank and Cultural Vistas are pleased to announce a call for applications for the Alfa Fellowship Program. This 11-month, fully-funded professional development initiative places up to 18 accomplished American, British and German citizens per year in work assignments at leading organizations in Russia in the fields of business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, and related areas. Key goals of the Alfa Fellowship Program are expanding networks of American, British, German, and Russian professionals, developing greater intercultural awareness, and advancing understanding of Russian affairs.
Alfa Fellowship Program Highlights
- High-level professional experience in Russia in private companies, law firms, media outlets, think tanks, and foundations
- Three regional trips and one trip to a neighboring country, Moscow seminars series and lectures at the Higher School of Economics — in addition to first-hand professional experience in Moscow, fellows explore regions outside the capital and gain an in-depth look at contemporary Russia through trips, meetings and lectures
- Program benefits include $2500 monthly stipend, housing, all program-related travel costs including round-trip travel to Russia, and insurance coverage
- Private Russian language tutoring prior to departure for Russia and group language classes upon arrival in Moscow according to each fellow’s level
- Inclusion in the Alfa Fellowship Alumni Association and Cultural Vistas Alumni Network upon successful completion of program
Candidates for the Alfa Fellowship Program must meet the following requirements:
- U.S., U.K., or German citizen
- 25-35 at time of application
- Graduate degree in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, international relations, or a related field
- At least 2 years cumulative professional experience with graduate degree; approximately 5 – 6 years without
- Russian language skills preferred, but not required. If an applicant does not speak Russian, proficiency in a second language is required.
- Demonstrable professional interest in Russia
- Evidence of leadership potential
Apply by December 1, 2016
For further information and to access the online application, please visit our website: culturalvistas.org/alfa
Completed online application including:
- Personal statement
- Russian writing sample
- Most recent university transcript
- 2 letters of recommendation. Recommenders should be recent supervisors or professional mentors who have worked closely with the applicant.
OJSC Alfa-Bank is incorporated, focused and based in Russia, and is not affiliated with U.S.-based Alfa Insurance.