Sponsored by Cultural Vistas
The Alfa Fellowship Program and Cultural Vistas invite young American, British, and German professionals to apply for the 2020-2021 program year in Russia by November 15.
Since 2004, the Alfa Fellowship Program has provided over 180 emerging leaders from the U.S., U.K., and Germany with the opportunity to gain professional experience in business, media, law, policy, and other related areas through an 11-month, fully-funded fellowship in Moscow.
The program begins with language training in the fellow’s home country, followed by a language course in Moscow starting in mid-June. Throughout the summer, Alfa Fellows attend a seminar program with key public and private sector officials to discuss current affairs in Russia. Fellows then work at prominent organizations in Russia, including private companies, media outlets, think tanks, and foundations.
- High-level professional experience in Russia in private companies, law firms, media outlets, think tanks, and foundations
- Three trips within Russia and one trip to a neighboring country, Moscow seminar series and lectures at the Higher School of Economics — in addition to first-hand professional experience in Moscow, fellows explore regions outside the capital and gain an in-depth look at contemporary Russia through trips, meetings, and lectures
- Program benefits include $2500 monthly stipend, housing, all program-related travel costs including round-trip travel to Russia, and insurance coverage
- Private Russian language tutoring prior to departure for Russia and group language classes upon arrival in Moscow according to each fellow’s level
- Inclusion in the Alfa Fellowship Alumni Association and Cultural Vistas Alumni Network upon successful completion of the program
- U.S., U.K., or German citizen between the ages of 25 and 35
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, or a related field
- Graduate degree in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, international relations, or a related field preferred
- Outstanding professional achievements and academic qualifications
- Professional connection to Russia and/or the region
- Evidence of leadership potential
- Active involvement in community or public service
- Russian language experience is preferred, however not required, at the time of application. Applicants proficient in another foreign language may be considered.
- Application form
- Current resume/CV in English (U.S. or European style)
- Personal statement
- Russian writing sample
- Official university transcripts from most recent/in-progress degree
- Two letters of recommendation
Deadline to apply: November 15, 2019
OJSC Alfa-Bank is incorporated, focused and based in Russia, and is not affiliated with U.S.-based Alfa Insurance.
Not ready to apply this year? Bookmark the Alfa Fellowship to your ProFellow account.