Sponsored by Cultural Vistas
Gain competitive skills for the global workplace plus experience the business, policy, and cultural environments of Russia and the region through this unparalleled opportunity that has enabled over 200 young professionals from the U.S., U.K., and Germany to elevate their careers since 2004.
The Alfa Fellowship Program is an 11-month, fully funded fellowship program that begins with language training in the fellow’s home country prior to departure, followed by a group language course in Moscow starting in mid-June. Throughout the summer, Alfa fellows attend a seminar program to gain an in-depth look at contemporary Russia and to discuss current affairs there. Fellows then complete work placements at prominent organizations, including private companies, media outlets, think tanks, and foundations. Trips to different cities in the region are interspersed throughout the program year.
- Gain high-level professional development experience in Russia at private companies, law firms, media outlets, think tanks, and foundations
- Immerse in contemporary Moscow and experience everyday life in this vibrant capital city
- Travel to three regions in Russia and to a neighboring country through program organized trips
- Learn from experts through the Moscow seminar series and lectures at the Higher School of Economics
- Receive a monthly stipend, private accommodation in the center of Moscow, all program-related travel costs including round-trip travel to Russia, and insurance coverage
- Strengthen Russian language skills through private tutoring prior to departure and group language classes upon arrival in Moscow
- Connect with alumni around the world through the Alfa Fellowship Alumni Association and Cultural Vistas Alumni Network
- U.S., U.K., or German citizen between the ages of 25 and 35
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, arts/cultural management or a related field
- Graduate degree in desired professional area preferred
- Outstanding professional achievements and academic qualifications
- Demonstrated interest in Russia and the region
- Evidence of leadership potential and self-initiative
- Active involvement in community or public service
- Russian language experience is preferred, however not required, at the time of application. Applicants proficient in another foreign language may be considered.
- Application form
- Current resume/CV in English (U.S. or European style)
- Personal statement
- Russian writing sample
- Official university transcripts from most recent/in progress degree
- Two letters of recommendation
The application deadline is December 1, 2020.
For further information and to access the online application, please visit culturalvistas.org/alfa
OJSC Alfa-Bank is incorporated, focused and based in Russia, and is not affiliated with U.S.-based Alfa Insurance.
Not ready to apply this year? Bookmark the Alfa Fellowship Program to your ProFellow account.