Yesterday, we held an Esteemed Fellows Dinner in Washington, DC, generously sponsored by Cultural Vistas. The event included current and former fellows from Cultural Vista’s Alfa Fellowship Program in Russia, and the Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship and the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX) in Germany. They were joined by members of ProFellow’s International Affairs Network, including alumni from the Fulbright program, ProInspire, Capital City Fellows, and the Gabr Fellowship, among many others.
Guests mingled over a delicious meal at Silo in downtown DC, where they discussed topics ranging from global health, international security, the need to encourage minorities to enter STEM fields, and traveling in Kazakhstan. It was a lively and intimate exchange of experiences and ideas among fellows from a variety of disciplines.
The Esteemed Fellows Dinners are organized by our International Fellows Network (IFN), which is a rapidly growing professional networking organization of more than 1,000 current and former fellows from all over the world. We also hold events in San Francisco, New York City and Berlin, Germany, and will be expanding to other cities. If you are a current or former fellow and would like to get involved, please sign up for ProFellow and we’ll be in touch by email. Through the IFN you can connect with other fellows for advice and information on fellowships, jobs, events, graduate programs and international competitions.
October 2014 DC attendees:
- Brandon Ernst, International Public Policy Fellow
- Devon Rollins, Center for American Progress Leadership Institute Fellow
- Diana Galperin, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Junior Fellow
- Doug Mitchell, Fulbright Senior Specialist to Chile
- Elisabeth Perry, Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) Fellow to Germany
- Haroun Habib, Gabr Fellow to Egpyt
- Jennifer Huffman, CBYX Fellow to Germany
- Jon Yahirun, CBYX Fellow to Germany
- Kate Bussiere, Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship to Brazil
- Maria Mahler-Haug, Robert Bosch Fellow to Germany
- Michael Blauw, Fulbright grantee to Malaysia
- Miriam Kochman, Chinese Government Scholar
- Olga Khrustaleva, Fulbright Scholar to the US from Russia
- Rachel Manis, CBYX Fellow to Germany
- Richard Bobo, Cultural Vistas staff
- Roushani Mansoor, Fulbright-Clinton Fellow in Bangladesh
- Sarah Hale, Robert Bosch Fellow to Germany
- Tracy Williams, ProInspire Fellow
- Valarie Russell, Alfa Fellow to Russia
- Waiching Wong, Capital City Fellow