Last night we held our first San Francisco Bay Area Esteemed Fellows Dinner for alumni of prestigious fellowship programs. The dinner brought together a cross-disciplinary group of fellows with stories as diverse as research of the opium trade in Afghanistan, founding of an environmental law and mediation firm, and the ins and outs of working in San Francisco’s City Hall. Participants had the chance to meet 10 other former fellows over a 3-course meal of fondue (thanks Fondue Cowboy!). Experiences and business cards were exchanged, and fellows left the event with ideas and contacts for new and ongoing projects.
Ryan and I are planning additional Esteemed Fellows Dinners in San Francisco and other parts of the U.S. If you are a fellowship alumnus and would like to get involved, please sign up for our beta, and we’ll be in touch by email!
- Danielle Beavers: Greenlining Community Reinvestment Fellow (current) / Public Policy and International Affairs Fellow
- Ian Boisvert: Ian Axford Fellow in Public Policy, New Zealand (2011)
- Shaibya Dalal: City Hall Fellow (2011)
- Hillary Evans: Fulbright Fellow to Tajikistan (2011)
- Joerg Geier: Fulbright Fellow to the U.S. from Germany (2003)
- Ilana Golin: New York City Urban Fellow (2000) / Greenlining Summer Associate (2009)
- Yongjun Heo: Luce Scholar to Vietnam (2009) / Mitchell Scholar (Ireland) (2011)
- Janice Levy: City Hall Fellow (2011)
- Ryan Johnson: Cofounder, ProFellow.com
- Vicki Johnson: Cofounder, ProFellow.com / New York City Urban Fellow (2001) / German Chancellor Fellow (2003) / Herbert Scoville Jr. Peace Fellow (2005) / Ian Axford Fellow in Public Policy (2011)
- Mariana Moore: Coro Fellow in Public Affairs (1988)