Last night we held our first Esteemed Fellows Dinner of the New Year for alumni of prestigious fellowship programs. The dinner in San Francisco brought together a cross-disciplinary group of fellows including several founders and Executive Directors of non-profit organizations in the Bay Area, visiting researchers from Poland, Italy, and Germany, and professionals working globally in international development, law, public radio and technology. Participants had the chance to meet 10 other former fellows over a 3-course meal. Experiences and business cards were exchanged, and fellows left the event with ideas and contacts for new and ongoing projects.
Ryan and I are planning additional Esteemed Fellows Dinners in San Francisco and other parts of the U.S. If you are a fellowship alumnus and would like to get involved, please sign up for our beta, and we’ll be in touch by email!
- Sabine Blankenship: DAAD Fellow to the U.S. from Germany (2009)/ Science Liaison at the German Consulate General San Francisco
- Cherie Carter: Peace Corps (2004) in Ghana / Global Fund Program Manager in South Sudan at Population Services International
- Joerg Geier: Fulbright Fellow (2003) to the U.S. from Germany / Venture and Business Development consultant
- Jose Gonzalez: Butler Koshland Fellow at Radio Bilingue
- Arnell Hinkle: Ian Axford Fellow in Public Policy in New Zealand (2010) / Executive Director at CANFIT
- Ryan Johnson: Cofounder, ProFellow.com
- Vicki Johnson: Cofounder, ProFellow.com / German Chancellor Fellow (2003), Herbert Scoville Jr. Peace Fellow (2005)
- Mark Lasser: Fulbright Teaching Scholar (2005) to Albania / Executive Director, Sierra Rule of Law Center
- Margaret Ohia: Fulbright Visiting Researcher at UC Berkeley from Poland
- Erick Orantes: City Hall Fellow in the San Francisco Office of Economic & Workforce Development
- Vishali Singal: New York City Urban Fellow (2004) / Attorney at DLA Piper LLP
- Andrea Tellarini: Fulbright Scholar to the U.S. from Italy / UC Berkeley, Global Business Management