Sponsored by The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is searching for the leaders of tomorrow. Are you a graduate with initial leadership experience? Do you come from Brazil, the People’s Republic of China, India, the Russian Federation, South Africa, or the USA? Would you like to implement a self-chosen project that supports your career development, is societally relevant, and has a lasting public impact? Are you interested in actively participating in an international network of dedicated leaders? Then come to Germany with a German Chancellor Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation to take the next step in your career.
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is currently accepting applications for the German Chancellor Fellowship through October 15, 2021.
- 12-month fellowship to carry out your proposed project at the host institution of your choice in Germany
- Fellowship grant of 2,170 EUR, 2,470 EUR or 2,770 EUR per month, depending on the applicant’s qualifications and professional experience. This includes a mobility allowance and a contribution to health and liability insurance.
- Networking opportunities and events, including:
- an opening conference in November (approx. one week);
- a half-time conference in the following spring (approx. one week);
- a meeting in Berlin in July with a reception at the German Chancellery (three days).
- Language fellowship that covers an intensive language course of up to 3 months immediately prior to the start of the fellowship in Germany
- Additional benefits
- Lump sum for travel expenses
- Family allowances for accompanying family members
- Subsidy towards research costs to be paid to the host
- Europe allowance for a stay at an institute in another European country (though not the fellow’s own country); for one to two months during the course of the fellowship if necessary to ensure the success of the project
- Citizenship of Brazil, the People’s Republic of China, India, the Russian Federation, South Africa, or the USA, including predominantly living and working in one of these countries
- Bachelor’s or comparable academic degree completed no more than twelve years ago
- Initial proven leadership experience. Applicants with a predominantly academic background should have acquired initial leadership experience in addition to their own research activity
- English and/or German language skills
- Letter of motivation
- Independent project plan
- Detailed statement, including a confirmation of research facilities and mentoring agreement, from a host in Germany
- Two references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal, and/or academic background
- Applications can be submitted online until October 15th, 2021
- Applications submitted in 2021 will be considered in the spring of 2022. If selected, the fellowship begins October 1, 2022.
Apply by October 15, 2021
Not ready to apply? Bookmark the German Chancellor Fellowship to your ProFellow account.
© Victoria Johnson / ProFellow, LLC 2021, all rights reserved