Sponsored by the Hansen Leadership Institute
The Hansen Leadership Institute – formerly known as the Hansen Summer Institute on Leadership and International Cooperation – brings together promising young leaders from all over the world and the United States who want to learn leadership skills, public speaking, negotiation, conflict resolution, community building and intercultural management.
Hansen Fellows come from all majors and often have an interest in multicultural understanding, international relations, economic development, diplomacy, or international security. They receive hands-on training from faculty and real-world experts at the University of San Diego School of Leadership and Education Sciences. They acquire a new understanding of the world through peers from 21 countries, and never fail to form life-long friendships. We call our program “life-changing” because it truly is.
The friendships you make with the exceptional people who attend this program, the experiences you have, and the knowledge you gain – all will help you better understand the world and will propel your career. You will learn skills to apply in your everyday life as well. Watch what some of the 2019 Hansen Fellows say about the program:
- Leadership resume capital from a program that is highly competitive on a global scale
- $1,000 stipend upon completion of the program – get paid to learn!
- Round-trip airfare from anywhere in the U.S. to San Diego
- All classes paid for
- All room and board paid for
- All excursions paid for – including, a San Diego bay cruise, Balboa Park and Sea World
- Create your own hands-on “Leadership Toolbox” for resolving conflict and promoting peace
- Create a network of fellow leaders from 21 different countries worldwide
- Join a close-knit cross-cultural family and network of Hansen Leadership Institute Alumni
July 1 – July 23, 2020 (3 week program)
- 20-25 years of age
- Have completed at least 2 years of university study, or currently in your second year
- If selected, attend and participate in the entire three weeks of the Institute
March 15, 2020
Not ready to apply right now? Bookmark the Hansen Leadership Institute to your ProFellow account.