IDEX is developing the next wave of “social intrapreneurs” who will support, lead and advance the work of socially-focused enterprises around the world! IDEX Fellows undergo six months of leadership and business development training by working full-time for social enterprises across India.
WHO DO WE LOOK FOR?
We are searching all corners of the world for individuals who are committed and passionate about having a high-impact career and advancing the social impact space. We are seeking young professionals (ages 21-35) who have a proven track record of leadership and are seeking to use their education and skills to address social and economic challenges for under-served populations.
IDEX Fellows come from a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds, as each individual fellowship position requires different specific skills. Ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelors or Masters degree (Bachelor degree must be obtained prior to June 1, 2015)
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience
- Proven track record of leadership responsibilities
- A passion and desire to work in emerging markets and use social enterprise principles to solve global issues
- An ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments
- Desire to engage in an intense professional development experience while applying creative solutions to deepen impact
- Monthly stipend
- Pre-departure Virtual Training
- Monthly capacity building workshops
- An advising program that pairs fellows with local resident mentors
- A one‐week training Institute in Bangalore, India to begin the fellowship
- Professional development and personal support from a dedicated in-country program manager
- Post-fellowship support and Alumni network opportunities
- Apply Online at www.idexfellows.com
- Application Deadline - March 15, 2015
- Fellowship Start Date - July 6, 2015
- Fellowship End Date – December 21, 2015
IDEX is a tuition-based fellowship program, however through funding from generous sponsors IDEX is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships to select candidates for use towards program tuition. Scholarship application deadline is March 1st, 2015. Late applications will not be considered. Applicants must demonstrate commitment to continuing work in the social enterprise sector.
VIDEO: THE POWER OF 1 OPPORTUNITY