Sponsored by The Mind Trust
The Mind Trust is looking for great leaders for great schools.
The Mind Trust invests in public education to transform lives in neighborhoods across Indianapolis. They work with their community toward a day when race and income are no longer predictors of life outcomes.
The Innovation School Fellowship
The Innovation School Fellowship helps exceptional school leaders develop sustainable educational models to launch/restart schools within the IPS district and support existing models of operators wishing to expand or replicate. Fellows receive personalized coaching, resources, training throughout the program, and ongoing support once schools are launched.
The Mind Trust created the Innovation School Fellowship in 2014 in partnership with IPS and the Mayor’s Office of Education Innovation.
- Nationally-unique paid fellowship opportunity for talented school leaders
- One to two-year cohort experience with other fellows working on launching high-quality public schools
- Opportunities to travel and engage with leaders at some of the nation’s best innovative schools
- Extensive expertise and feedback on school design and building process from an experienced team who supported the launch of 41 public schools in Indianapolis
- Fellows engaging in a 2-year fellowship will participate in a 1-year residency program and be assigned to one of our existing portfolio schools. Assignments will be determined based upon the candidate’s experience and anticipated school model.
Qualities of an Innovation School Fellow:
Innovation School Fellows must be experienced school leaders, including School Principal, Vice Principal, Dean, Superintendent, CMO, Head of Schools, Head Teacher, or private or charter school Founders who have successfully led a school and possess a vision for an equitable, sustainable public school model for Indianapolis students. We are looking for Fellowship applicants who exhibit:
- Experience managing teams of adults to achieve outstanding results for students
- An ambitious, laser-like focus on academic achievement for all students
- A dedication to equity and its impact on students, communities, teachers, and governance
- An entrepreneurial drive that communicates resilience, fortitude, and visionary solutions for intractable challenges
Meet Mind Trust Fellow Brandon House!
ProFellow Founder Dr. Vicki Johnson interviewed Mind Trust Fellow Brandon House. He shared insights on his fellowship experience and his Innovation School Fellowship application tips.
World-Class Support for Exceptional School Leaders
- Innovation School Fellows are paid one or two full years of a competitive salary with healthcare and benefits. Additionally, fellows access a wide variety of support, including:
- Personalized coaching and support from a network of educational and executive leaders
- Collaboration with a cohort of educational leaders with similar goals and diverse backgrounds
- Opportunities to travel and engage with leaders at some of the nation’s most innovative schools
- Access to expertise and feedback on the school development, charter approval, launch, and local community engagement processes
- Opportunities for ongoing support once the school is launched
Applications Open in September 2022!
US-BASED EDUCATORS: Register for an Upcoming Mind Trust Networking Event
Join an upcoming virtual Happy Hour event hosted by The Mind Trust to meet other education professionals and The Mind Trust staff as you learn more about the Innovation School Fellowship and application process. Please register to join one of The Mind Trust’s free virtual Happy Hour events to learn more about this unique 2-year fellowship and jump-start your application.
Note: The Innovation School Fellowship is open to US-based educators only, including School Principals, Vice Principals, Deans, Superintendents, CMOs, Head of Schools, Head Teachers, or private or charter school Founders.
Not ready to apply today? Bookmark the Innovation School Fellowship to your ProFellow account.
© Victoria Johnson / ProFellow, LLC 2022, all rights reserved