Sponsored by The Asia Foundation
Are you an emerging leader with a commitment to addressing issues such as injustice, climate change, and inequality? Apply now to LeadNext: Ambassadors for a Global Future, The Asia Foundation’s dynamic new program focused on global citizenship for the 21st century.
LeadNext builds a vibrant network of future leaders aged 18-25 from across Asia and the United States and supports their growth, impact, and capacity to address today’s greatest challenges.
Exchange between the U.S. and Asia is more important than ever.
With the profound structural changes that will transform geopolitics, global governance, the global economic order, and social landscape over the next decade and beyond, a new generation of globally-minded leaders is imperative. The LeadNext program equips emerging leaders across cultures and disciplines with strong international networks, exposure to wide-ranging experiences, and leadership tools to thoughtfully steer the future.
Positive and lasting change will depend on leaders who can move ideas and action forward to address rising inequality, find solutions to climate crises, mitigate conflict, and empower communities most vulnerable and insecure. Harnessing the innovation and energy of young leaders is essential
LeadNext Fellows are dynamic emerging leaders from any field with a commitment to creative approaches to addressing issues such as climate change, inequality, injustice, poverty, or other pressing issues.
- Emerging leaders aged 18-25 years old
- A cohort of 10 people from Asia + 10 people from U.S.
- Invests in creative and transformative next-generation leaders
LeadNext promotes cross-cultural dialogue, trust, and cooperation among the next generation of global leaders with a commitment to effecting positive change.
LEADERSHIP TRAINING INTENSIVE (JAN.-FEB. 2022)
- Builds leadership competencies for effective leadership including public speaking and elevating impact
- Includes interactive teambuilding, knowledge sharing, and skills-building exercises
- Provides opportunities for Fellows to share about their backgrounds, communities, projects, and passions
MONTHLY VIRTUAL MASTERCLASSES (FEB.-JULY 2022)
- Global experts will provide exposure to real-world experiences of leaders in the U.S. and Asia addressing a range of 21st century issues
- Develop lasting skills, tools, and mindsets to better understand the policies and ecosystems that drive entrepreneurship and impact
- Study complex issues, processes, and challenges related to social change in the U.S. and Asia and bring collective experience to bear on these discussions
GLOBAL LEADERS SUMMIT (WEEK OF AUGUST 8, 2022)
- Capstone convening in the San Francisco Bay Area (subject to Covid-19 restrictions)
- Deepen and expand learning from the previous eight months through rigorous exchange, continued leadership development, and tools to tackle 21st century challenges
- Exposure to cutting-edge approaches to and best practices in innovative leadership
- Fellows paired with a professional mentor based on their specific interests
- Mentors drawn from the Foundation’s broad network to connect emerging leaders with recognized leaders, influencers, and shapers
Watch and learn more!
LeadNext Fellows are dynamic emerging leaders from any sector with a commitment to creative approaches to addressing issues such as climate change, inequality, injustice, poverty, or other pressing issues. Fellows demonstrate outstanding character, integrity, and are respected leaders within their communities with an interest in cross-cultural exchange.
Candidates must be:
- Aged 18-25 years old during program year
- Fully conversant in English
- Able to commit to attending ALL sessions with an understanding we are working across many time zones. Virtual sessions will take place in the mornings in Asia and evenings in the US for approximately 2 hours per session.
- Applicants from the U.S. includes U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and DACA recipients
- Candidates from Asia must be nominated by The Asia Foundation staff in countries where the Foundation maintains a presence: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pacific Islands nations, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam. Please apply through the portal and we will forward your materials to the office in your home country
Application open September 27-November 15, 2021
- Apply here: https://webportalapp.com/sp/leadnext2022_apply
- For more information email: LeadNextFellows@asiafoundation.org
Visit: Program Website
Read: News Release
Not ready to apply this year? Bookmark LeadNext Fellows Program to your ProFellow account!
© Victoria Johnson / ProFellow, LLC 2021, all rights reserved