Since 2001, New Sector Alliance has mobilized over 1,000 emerging professionals and 1,000 experienced skilled volunteers to accelerate social change by strengthening organizations today while developing leaders for tomorrow.
New Sector offers three highly competitive professional fellowships and summer fellowships:
- The RISE Fellowship Program is an 11-month AmeriCorps program for recent college graduates and emerging leaders with up to five years of professional experience. New Sector Fellows serve full-time completing projects that allow organizations to more effectively achieve their missions while receiving intensive social change leadership training and exclusive mentorship to build their skills and expand their impact in the social sector.
- The Summer Fellowship Program is an intensive 11-week summer program for undergraduate juniors, seniors, and recent college graduates. New Sector Summer Fellows serve full-time completing projects that allow organizations to more effectively achieve their missions while receiving intensive social change leadership training and exclusive mentorship to build their skills and expand their impact in the social sector.
- The Senior Summer Fellowship Program is an intensive 11-week summer for Master’s degree candidates who have completed at least one year of study, and have at least 2 years of post-college work experience. In addition to regular program activities Senior Fellows facilitate and mentor 4-6 Fellows throughout the program, participate in discussion groups with other Senior Fellows and facilitate case discussions training activities for the entire Summer Fellow cohort.
New Sector Alliance will begin accepting applications for its programs in Boston, Chicago and San Francisco on November 15th, 2013. Please click here to sign-up to be informed when applications go live.
“New Sector has opened up a whole new world to me. The program is an amazing experience for any emerging leader who wants to know how to most effectively make a difference in the social sector.” -L. Bova, Boston RISE 12-13, University of Chicago, B.A. 2012
You can read more about the New Sector fellowship experience in ProFellow’s interview with Maggie Barnes: Social Sector Fellowships: Maggie Barnes On The Residency In Social Enterprise Program
All Fellows will serve at nonprofit partners throughout our host site cities and complete projects that enhances or expands the organization’s impact in the community. Each project is designed to make a lasting impact beyond the Fellow’s service term. The types of projects our Fellows complete include measuring impact, developing collaborations and partnerships, promoting effective use of technology and engaging volunteers.
New Sector Fellows hone their leadership skills through New Sector’s intensive training program, which covers topics ranging from career development to nonprofit finance and marketing to emerging trends in the social impact sector. New Sector’s leadership development program includes the following trainings provided by management consultants and other social sector experts:
- Intensive kickoff training
- Bi-weekly workshops
- Bi-weekly small group peer learning teams
In addition, during the program, all Fellows are paired one on one with a management consultant or nonprofit executive for mentorship.
Compensation and Benefits
RISE Fellows receive a stipend and benefits totaling roughly $30,000 in value, along with a certificate of completion of New Sector’s training curriculum. Compensation includes:
- Living stipend of $19,000
- Health-care coverage with no financial contribution from the Fellow
- An end-of-year $5,550 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award, distributed upon successful completion of the program and good for outstanding loans or future educational expenses at any accredited institution in the United States.
In addition to New Sector’s intensive training program, mentorship and service opportunities, Summer Fellows receive a stipend of $2,000 over 11 weeks. Senior Fellows receive a stipend of $6,000 over 11 weeks.
HOW TO APPLY!
New Sector is looking for candidates who are collaborative, who are passionate and who want to accelerate their professional development through high-impact service.
Applications open on November 15th, 2013. Please click here to sign up to be notified when applications go live.
For more information and to apply, please visit: http://newsector.org/content/apply-be-fellow