Sponsored by Environment America
Environment America’s mission is to transform our ideas and imaginations into change that makes our world a greener and healthier place.
We build support for clean, renewable energy. In just the past year, we helped convince California, New Mexico, Washington state and Maine to commit to 100 percent zero-carbon electricity.
We campaign against pollution and climate change. We’ve won $250 million in penalties and actions from ExxonMobil and other polluting companies, and programs to reduce carbon pollution, from Colorado to Massachusetts.
We protect wildlife and wild places. We won the nation’s first statewide bans on single-use plastic bags in California and single-use polystyrene foam in Maine.
We do what it takes to turn public opinion and political momentum toward a greener, healthier world. If that’s what you want to do, we encourage you to apply to become an Environment America Fellow.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build powerful coalitions: Reach out to small business owners, farmers, public health officials and others to demonstrate support for our policy goals.
- Earn traditional media and social media attention: Organize news conferences and write opinion pieces. Build a following on Facebook and Twitter for your campaigns.
- Lobby elected officials: Coordinate strategy with a champion in Congress. Make a convincing case to a legislator who is undecided on a particular vote. Work the “inside game” to complement our outside field operation, where most of our power is derived.
- Research and write reports: Catalogue and analyze sources of carbon pollution in the U.S. Detail the success of the Clean Water Act in our reports. Help influence public debate and earn media attention for our cause.
- Identify and cultivate donors: Reach out to foundations and major donors and ask them to fund our work to tackle global warming, promote clean energy, and protect our most spectacular natural areas.
- Run a grassroots campaign office each summer during your fellowship: Hire and manage a staff of 20 canvassers. Raise money, build our organization and membership, and help win one of our key campaigns.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The target annual compensation for this position is $28,000 in the first year. Environment America offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
We’re currently hiring for positions in multiple locations across the country.
HOW TO APPLY
We accept applications on a rolling basis. Positions start in August 2020. Please apply on our website.
Final Application Deadline: July 24, 2020
Environment America is part of The Public Interest Network, which operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to getting things done. Visit publicinterestnetwork.org to learn more.
Environment America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not ready to apply right now? Bookmark the Environment America Fellowship to your Profellow account.