Sponsored by IHS
One thing is for sure about graduate school; you never have enough money. The Institute for Humane Studies is committed to lightening the financial burden of getting a PhD for students like you through our Humane Studies Fellowship. Students interested in developing, teaching, and applying classical liberal ideas and the principles of a free society are encouraged to apply.
The Humane Studies Fellowship provides up to $15,000 in direct financial aid to get you through your PhD program without going into massive amounts of debt. Past recipients are eligible to apply. Just remember, you only have until March 31 to apply for funding, so don’t delay.
- Renewable Funding: The Humane Studies Fellowship is a renewable, non-residency award of up to $15,000 per year to support current or future students enrolled in full-time PhD programs.
- Career Development Opportunities: Fellows gain access to individual academic advising, networking events, invitations to academic seminars, research workshops, discussion colloquia, and other career-advancing opportunities.
- Professional Connections: Humane Studies Fellows are connected to a diverse community of scholars across the world who are researching and teaching ideas in the classical liberal tradition.
A completed application will include:
- Three 500 word essay questions.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- An updated CV.
- A recent writing sample of 3,000 words or fewer. Partial samples of longer works are acceptable.
- An official or unofficial electronic transcript from your current or most recent institution.
- If applicable, your dissertation proposal.
The deadline to apply is March 31, 2019.
For more information, contact Thomas Creegan at HSF@TheIHS.org.
Not ready to apply right now? Bookmark the Humane Studies Fellowship to your ProFellow account.