Fulbright Applicant Mastermind
facilitated by ProFellow Founder & Fulbright alumna Dr. Vicki Johnson
Friday, May 17 | Available live & recorded
3 hour online workshop: 11am – 3pm PDT
This is the ultimate 3-hour Fulbright workshop for applicants applying to the highly competitive 2020-21 Fulbright Awards, including the:
- U.S. Student Award: for study, research or creative projects in more than 140 countries, for American graduating seniors, graduate students and young professionals
- English Teaching Assistantships (ETA): for English teaching positions abroad for Americans
- U.S. Scholar Award: 2-12 month fellowships abroad for American scholars and experienced professionals
- Foreign Student Awards: for non-U.S. citizens to study, research or pursue creative projects in the U.S.
The deadline for U.S. Student and ETA applicants is October 8, 2019. The U.S. Scholar deadline is September 16, 2019. The Foreign Student Award deadline varies by country. Learn more about these awards here: https://us.fulbrightonline.org/
What You’ll Learn
The Fulbright Awards are some of the most well-known, and thus, some of the most competitive, in the world. Fulbright applications require a Personal Statement and project proposal (Statement of Grant Purpose). Also, most applicants need to identify a host institution abroad and gather recommendation letters, among other elements. It’s an intense application process that offers an incredible award to those who approach the application with purpose.
This workshop will provide the key insider strategies from my own experience winning a Fulbright New Zealand award, and from the strategies gleaned from the hundreds of Fulbright winners we have interviewed and worked with!
In the workshop, you will learn:
- The Fulbright applicant’s formula for success: What to know before you begin
- Your Fulbright application plan: Choosing a country and award, planning your application activities & accelerating your productivity
- How to do investigative background research on your Fulbright award (and why you shouldn’t miss this step)
- Statement of Grant Purpose brainstorming session: How to make your proposal feasible, memorable, and urgent
- How to secure not a good – but a *great* – affiliation abroad and how your affiliation impacts your application
- The 3 things you must address in your Fulbright Personal Statement and exercises to get you started on your story
- How to receive glowing & detailed recommendation letters (even from people who have not seen you in years)
- 3 secrets to taking your Fulbright application above and beyond
Registration is closed.
Not ready to apply to the Fulbright awards this year? Bookmark the Fulbright U.S. Student Award for Study/Research, the Fulbright English Teaching Assistantships, the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award, or the Fulbright Foreign Student Award to your ProFellow account.