About the Mastermind
Do you want to compete for a 2023-2024 international Fulbright award? Or should I say – are you ready to spend an immersive year abroad as a participant in one of the most incredible and prestigious international fellowships on offer? Then read on!
On Friday, May 20, ProFellow will be hosting an online Fulbright Applicant Mastermind for people who are serious about applying for a competitive Fulbright U.S. Student Award, English Teaching Assistantship or Foreign Student Award. The Fulbright awards provide funded fellowships for study, research, creative projects or English teaching in more than 140 countries (or for foreign students, study, creative and research awards in the U.S.).
The mission of this Mastermind is to give you all the tools and insights you need to develop a competitive Fulbright application. This workshop will provide insider strategies to approaching the main components of the Fulbright application, share tips from Fulbright winners, and set you up for a productive summer. Our guarantee is that when you submit your Fulbright application, you will feel confident that your application will compete!
Fulbright Award Eligibility
– an undergraduate senior this year?
– a young professional with up to 5 years of work experience?
– in grad school?
– seeking funding to enter grad school?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the Fulbright awards are seeking you!
Don’t be fooled by “Student” in the name – these awards are open to graduating seniors, aspiring and enrolled graduate students, and young professionals and artists. Note, you don’t need to be fluent in a foreign language! There are 100+ countries where you can study, teach, research or pursue an artistic project in English. Also, check out the new 2023-2024 Fulbright awards on offer for the first time this year.
The Fulbright application can be tedious, which is why you should begin your application early. The deadline to apply is October 11, 2022 (Note: If you are an enrolled student now, you will need to apply through your university – be sure to check your university’s deadlines).
Get Prepared to Apply!
The Fulbright Applicant Mastermind is a live workshop taking place on May 10, 2022 from 3pm – 6pm EST (12pm – 3pm PST). Even if you cannot attend live, or can only partially attend on May 1o, all the sessions will be recorded and available for later viewing.
The Mastermind will be facilitated by national fellowships expert and ProFellow Founder, Vicki Johnson. Vicki is a four-time fellowship winner and an alumna of Fulbright New Zealand. She has spoken at universities throughout the U.S., from community colleges to the Ivy Leagues, on how to find and win competitive fellowships.
Think you can’t create a competitive application? Check out our testimonials from ProFellow readers who have leveraged ProFellow’s insider tips and application strategies to win fellowships. We’ll be sharing these same strategies in our Fulbright Applicant Mastermind.
Mastermind live workshop sessions on May 10:
- “The Fulbright applicant’s formula for success: What to know before you begin”
- “Your Fulbright application plan: Choosing a country and award, planning your application activities & accelerating your productivity”
- “How to do investigative background research on your Fulbright award (and why you shouldn’t miss this step)”
- “Statement of Grant Purpose brainstorming session: How to make your proposal feasible, memorable, and urgent”
- “How to secure not a good – but a great – affiliation abroad, and how your affiliation impacts your application”
- “The 3 things you must address in your Fulbright Personal Statement and exercises to get you started on your story”
- “How to receive glowing & detailed recommendation letters (even from people who have not seen you in years)”
- “3 secrets to taking your Fulbright application above and beyond”
- Open Q & A