Sponsored by Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
The Weil Legal Innovators Program (WLI) engages incoming law school students in addressing some of the most pressing social and legal challenges in our communities today. Each WLI class is comprised of incoming law school students who plan to attend a J.D. program at one of our law school partners. Innovators defer their first year of law school to work at a partner nonprofit organization for a paid public service fellowship, executing a strategic initiative designed to leverage their passion for justice and commitment to public service, while amplifying the impact of the nonprofits and their important missions.
- $55,000 in compensation for the fellowship year, plus full health benefits coverage inclusive of medical, vision and dental
- A one-time $10,000 law school scholarship awarded upon starting first year of law school at a WLI partner institution
- All expenses paid for travel to and from New York City for WLI orientation in 2023 and closing reception in 2024
- An opportunity to work at and learn from a leading national or international public service organization
- Mentors from across Weil, including lawyers and professional staff at various levels
- The opportunity to interview for the Weil Summer Associate Program
- Professional development trainings from leading instructors in the academic, for-profit and nonprofit sectors.
2023-2024 NONPROFIT PARTNERS
Applicants will be able to identify their first and second choice Innovator opportunity at the following 12 leading national and international nonprofit organizations based across the United States:
- ACLU of Texas
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC
- Clooney Foundation for Justice
- Earthwatch Institute
- Innocence Project
- Law Foundation of Silicon Valley
- National Urban League
- National Women’s Law Center
- Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services (RAICES)
- Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights
- Tahirih Justice Center
- United Way of New York City
Note that in-person and remote work expectations varies by nonprofit organization. For full details on each organization’s remote work policy, please visit our website.
All students who have been accepted to a J.D. program at one of the 2023-2024 WLI law school partners are eligible to apply. Eligibility is open to students with prior professional experience, as well as students applying directly to law school from an undergraduate institution.
APPLY BY MARCH 16, 2023
Not ready to apply this year? Bookmark the Weil Legal Innovators Program to your ProFellow account.
ProFellow, LLC 2023, all rights reserved