This week, PhD students can work at the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at North Carolina State University. Fellowships this week focus on topics from tropical research to agriculture and life sciences, arts, architecture, music composition, health policy, spirituality, law, and entrepreneurship. A variety of experiences are available for PhD scholars, current law students, graduate students with a focus on LGBT activism, artists, health policy advocates and young conductors. The fellowships are located in exciting locations such as Salzburg, Austria, Washington DC, Yale University in Connecticut, the Confucius Institute in China and more! Apply now – you’ve got 8 weeks!
Not ready to apply this year? Click the links to bookmark these fellowships to your ProFellow account.
Upcoming Fellowship Deadlines: April 15- 21, 2019
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute Short-term Fellowships: Short-term options (month to month) for graduate students to come study at the STRI in Panama and be immersed in tropical research. A stipend of $800/month is given to cover living expenses / Due April 15, 2019
- FFAR Fellowship Program: A three-year fellowship at the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at North Carolina State University for PhD students to develop “soft skills” in the field of agriculture and life science / Due April 15, 2019
- Profugo Field Fellow: One year program for recent graduates or master’s students to coordinate a special project or program at the Center of Development in India and gain hands-on experience by supporting local staff on various projects and programs / Due April 15, 2019
- MacDowell Colony Fellowship: Two weeks up to a two-month fellowship for artists in architecture, film/video arts, interdisciplinary arts, literature, music composition, theatre, or visual arts. Fellows will live in the nation’s leading artist colony located in Peterborough, New Hampshire to work and live. All accommodations (including meals) and work space are provided / Due April 15, 2019
- Health and Aging Policy Fellows Program: A residential program- 9-12 month placement in Washington, DC for fellows to make a difference in health policy or a non-residential program which includes a health policy project. Eligible applicants are physicians, nurses, social workers, psychologists, etc. / Due April 15, 2019
- Ansbacher Fellowship for Young Conductors: Up to four weeks at the Salzburg Festival for young conductors with finished academic studies to observe the world’s leading conductors and artists at work during rehearsals and performances / Due April 17, 2019
- David B. Larson Fellowship in Health and Spirituality: 6-12 months of full-time residency in the Library of Congress’ John. W. Kluge Center in Washington, DC for PhDs in the fields of relating religiousness and spirituality to physical, mental, and social health / Due April 17, 2019
- Walter Sondheim Jr. Public Service Law Fellowship: A summer internship in the public service law sector at the Office of the State’s Attorney for Baltimore City or nonprofit organization for law students from The University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law or the University of Baltimore School of Law. A $3,000 stipend is given for the duration / Due April 17, 2019
- Yale LGBT Studies Research Fellowship: One-month fellowship for graduate students who live outside the greater New Haven area to research any field in LGBT studies at Yale University. Fellows will receive access to faculty resources, manuscript archives, and library collections at Yale / Due April 19, 2019
- Confucius Institute Scholarships: Scholarships are offered for a Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) for one academic year or one academic semester in China. The program encourages language teachers all over the world to study Chinese / Due April 20, 2019
- Meyerhoff Internship Fellowship: A scholarship for fellows who have received offers for a summer internship from an employer in their field. Scholarships will be awarded to deserving students who have demonstrated financial need / Due April 21, 2019
- Wild Gift Fellowship: A 12-month fellowship, including a three-week backcountry trek and a week-long whitewater river trip for young entrepreneurs in mentoring to teach leadership and wilderness-based programs / Due April 21, 2019
© Victoria Johnson 2019, all rights reserved.