You’ve got 8 weeks to apply! This week, there are opportunities for a wide range of nationalities and disciplines including German journalists, as well as journalists from developing countries, early career Australian researchers, and international options such as the chance to be a TED Fellow or receive full funding for doctoral study in Central Europe. There is also funding for active research participation for undergraduate students, along with pre-doctoral fellowships for medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, nursing or schools of public health. Apply now!
Not ready to apply this year? Click the links to bookmark these fellowships to your ProFellow account.
- California Data Fellowship: All-expenses-paid program for California journalists, includes a $2,000 reporting stipend designed to help skilled journalists mine health data to reveal key insights essential to high-impact journalism. / Due August 26, 2019
- Westpac Research Fellowship: This fellowship supports outstanding early career Australian researchers whose groundbreaking work has the potential to make a difference in one of the Foundation’s focus areas: Technology and innovation; Strengthening Australia-Asia ties; Enabling positive social change. / Due August 26, 2019
- TED Fellows: Fellows are invited to attend a TED Conference, where they will give their own TED Talk. They also participate in a professional coaching and mentoring program, work with a public relations expert, and are active in an online network, resulting in collective problem-solving and resource sharing. / Due August 27, 2019
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU): Supports active research participation by undergraduate students in any of the areas of research funded by the NSF. Students are granted stipends and, in many cases, assistance with housing and travel. / Due August 28, 2019
- Anna-Maria and Stephen M. Kellen Fellowships: German journalists who live and work in Berlin travel to the United States to conduct interviews with policymakers, opinion leaders, and experts while doing in-depth reporting. Fellows receive a $5,000 stipend, which covers transatlantic airfare and domestic travel, as well as room and board./ Due August 30, 2019
- Central European University Doctoral Scholarships: Covers the full cost of tuition and health insurance of PhD students, complete with a monthly stipend of HUF 242,000 (approx. EUR 780) to assist with housing and living costs. The CEU Doctoral Scholarship is awarded for a period of 36 months in total. / Due August 30, 2019
- Advanced Leadership Initiative: A select group of Fellows from diverse sectors with a track record of achievement and accomplishment come to Harvard to transition from their primary income-earning careers and prepare for their next phase plan as change agents for society. / Due August 31, 2019
- Alfred Friendly General Fellowship: Early-career professional journalists from developing countries with proficiency in English can apply for this 6-month fellowship. Fellows receive basic and advanced hands-on instruction at the Missouri School of Journalism and are placed in leading U.S. newsrooms. / Due August 31, 2019
- Henry Crown Fellowship: Entrepreneurial leaders (between the ages of 30 and 45) participate in two-year program comprised of a structured series of four seminars under the guidance of skilled senior moderators of the Aspen Institute along with a required leadership venture of each Fellow’s own design and choosing. / Due August 31, 2019
- Abe Fellowship: Up to 1 year of full-time support for research in the social sciences focused on policy-relevant issues that draw the study of the United States and Japan into wider disciplinary or theoretical debates. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. or the terminal degree in their field. / Due September 1, 2019
- PhRMA Foundation Pre-Doctoral Fellowships: Designed to assist full-time, in-residence Ph.D. candidates who are enrolled in U.S. schools of medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, nursing or schools of public health. Provides a stipend of $20,000+ a year payable quarterly for a minimum of one year and a maximum of two years. / Due September 1, 2019
- PhRMA Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships: This program provides stipend funding to well-trained graduates from PhD programs who seek to further develop and refine their research skills through formal postdoctoral training. / Due September 1, 2019
© Victoria Johnson 2019, all rights reserved.