This list of upcoming fellowship deadlines includes programs for creative writing, journalism, copyright law, international policy, international health, and Jewish leadership, and fully funded MFA and PhD programs in languages like German, Spanish, Hindi, and Portuguese, and a year of advanced language study in Southeast Asia. You’ve got 8 weeks to apply!
If you are interested in applying to fully funded master’s or PhD programs, we recommend reading this article from Julie Gardella on how she received multiple fully funded graduate school offers.
Not ready to apply this year? Click the links to bookmark these fellowships to your ProFellow account.
Upcoming Fellowship Deadlines: December 25 – 31, 2022
- Ball State University Fully Funded Master’s in Journalism: Ball State University, based in Muncie, Indiana offers a fully funded master’s in Journalism. The MA in journalism provides an opportunity for students to become better reporters and storytellers with expertise in media analytics. At Ball State, more than 80 percent of their students qualify for financial aid. The School of Journalism and Strategic Communication offers a wide variety of merit- and need-based scholarships to its students at all levels and in all areas. The department is committed to providing practical, hands-on opportunities through graduate assistantships. Assistantships provide tuition and a modest stipend. Apply by December 25, 2022
- Bhumi Fellowship: The Bhumi Fellowship is a two-year, paid, full-time fellowship for young graduates to work on whole school transformation in Chennai, India. The program is designed to develop educational changemakers to lead the next movement in the public education system. Candidates must be graduates between 20 and 26 years of age, have past volunteering or work experience in any field, be passionate about transforming the education system, and have fluency in the Tamil Language. Apply by December 25, 2022
- The Global Jewish Service Corps Fellowship: The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC) is offering a year-long, fully-funded fellowship for young Jews (between 20 and 40) to engage with the organization’s global mission overseas. The JDC Entwine Global Jewish Service Corps Fellowship (JSC) is internationally recognized to develop leadership with a Jewish perspective. Between 12 and 20 fellows are matched with field placements in communities that are looking for their particular skills and background experience. In addition to the field placement, there are three leadership retreats and monthly coaching for each fellow. Applications for the 2022-2023 Jewish Service Corps Fellowship are currently open only for those from the UK. Apply by December 26, 2022
- Blakemore Freeman Fellowships: Blakemore Freeman Fellowships are awarded for one academic year of full-time, intensive language study at the advanced level in East or Southeast Asia in approved language programs. Applicants must have a well-defined career objective involving Asia in which regular use of the language is an important aspect; the potential to make a significant contribution to a field of study or area of professional or business activity in an Asian country; prior experience in the Asian country or involvement or participation in activities related to the country; and a good academic, professional, or business background appropriate to the career program. The fellowship covers tuition or tutoring fees, plus a stipend for travel, living, and study expenses. Apply by December 30, 2022
- Teach for Nepal Fellowship: The Teach For Nepal fellowship is a two-year-long, full-time paid employment opportunity. Fellows teach in public schools and bring about academic achievement and transformative impact on their students while harnessing their leadership skills. Fellowship placements will all be in government and community schools in Lalitpur, Sindhupalchowk, and Dhanusha districts. Fellows will be paid a stipend of Rs.466,000. Eligibility requirements include a Bachelor’s degree, the ability to work in Nepal for two years, and a commitment to the full duration of the fellowship. Apply by December 30, 2022
- POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program: The Program invites outstanding scholars and policymakers to engage in policy-relevant, contemporary research on political, security, and economic issues in Northeast Asia, as they relate to Korea. POSCO visiting fellows are in residence at the East-West Center in Honolulu for 1-2 months and undertake research and writing on an agreed topic. Fellows are provided with a stipend and round-trip economy airfare between their home base and Honolulu. POSCO Visiting Fellows will be required to prepare a quality paper addressing the issues as outlined above or developed in his or her proposal to be published in academic journals or in book format. Apply by December 31, 2022
- Barbara A. Ringer Copyright Honors Program: The Ringer Honors Program offers 18-24-month paid fellowships for attorneys in the initial stages of their careers who demonstrate promising ability and interest in copyright law (“Ringer Fellows”). Ringer Fellows work closely with senior attorneys and others in the Office of the General Counsel (OGC), the Office of Policy and International Affairs (PIA), the Office of the Register (REG), and/or the Registration Program Office (RP) on a range of copyright-related law and policy matters. The Program accepts applications from individuals who are in their final year at a U.S.-accredited law school or have graduated from such a law school (receiving a J.D. or LL.M.) within the 5-year period preceding their application date. Ringer Fellows serve as full-time federal employees and are eligible for salary and benefits. Apply by December 31, 2022
- American Institute of Indian Studies Language Programs: The AIIS Language Program offers a nine-month academic year, summer, and semester courses at elementary to advanced levels in many languages, including several that are rarely taught outside of India. The eligibility requirements vary depending on the particular program. Academic-year program students may compete for full fellowships funded through the U.S. Department of Education; summer program applicants should seek funding from their home institutions or through the Critical Language Scholarships program (for Hindi, Punjabi, and Urdu), but may also be considered for a limited number of partial scholarships from AIIS. Apply by December 31, 2022
- Takemi Program in International Health: The Takemi Program in International Health seeks to improve health and health systems worldwide by welcoming mid-career health professionals and scholars to the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health to conduct path-breaking research and develop their leadership skills. The program focuses on helping middle to lower-income countries and creating systems that work when resources are scarce. Applicants must have completed a graduate degree in medicine, law, public health, economics, management, or social sciences and have several years of work experience. The program provides four to five fully-funded fellowship positions each year. Apply by December 31, 2022
- Washington Library Research Fellows: Awards are available for research focused on the life and leadership of George Washington, and his place in the development of American civic life and culture. These funded research opportunities, which last up to six months, are available to doctoral candidates, recent Ph.D., and mid-career faculty as well as advanced scholars and independent researchers with relevant topics. Fellowships less than three months provide a stipend of $3,000 per month, three-month fellowships provide $10,000, and six-month fellowships provide $20,000. All awards include onsite housing at Mt. Vernon. Apply by December 31, 2022
- University of Houston Fully Funded PhD in Creative Writing and Literature: The University of Houston based in Houston, Texas offers a fully funded PhD in creative writing and literature. The PhD in Creative Writing and Literature offers an innovative, multidisciplinary curriculum; dedicated advising and mentorship from the English department’s dynamic faculty; and solid preparation for expert teaching in the university classroom. Through the Department of English, the Creative Writing Program offers teaching assistantships to Ph.D. students. Ph.D. students can receive a teaching assistantship for 5 years. Starting salary for a PhDs is $20,104/9 months. Also, students are awarded some Fellowships and the University will pay 50% of medical insurance. Apply by December 31, 2022
- Ohio State University Fully Funded MFA in Visual Arts: Ohio State University based in Columbus, OH offers an interdisciplinary three-year fully funded MFA in Visual Arts. The MFA degree in Art with facilities and faculty in Art and Technology, Ceramics, Film/Video, Glass, Painting and Drawing, Photography, Printmaking, and Sculpture. Students have the opportunity to work with faculty from across the department. Graduate and professional students at Ohio State have a variety of funding options available to them, including associateships and other employment, fellowships, loans, and scholarships. International applicants should apply early. Apply by December 31, 2022
- University of Pennsylvania Fully Funded PhD in Mathematics: The University of Pennsylvania, based in Philadelphia, PA offers a fully funded Ph.D. in Mathematics. This program covers a variety of areas, including analysis, geometry-topology, algebra, mathematical physics, combinatorics, logic, and probability. Full-time students admitted to the Ph.D. program are offered a financial support package combining fellowships and teaching assistantships. The package covers tuition and fees, and health insurance and also provides a stipend for five years. There is also funding provided without teaching responsibilities for three summers. The academic year stipend will be $32,255 during 2021-22, and the summer 2022 stipend will be $5,300. Apply by December 31, 2022
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Fully Funded PhD in Information Studies: The University of Wisconsin-Madison, based in Madison, WI offers a fully funded PhD in Information Studies. The iSchool PhD program is a residential program. The aim of the PhD in Information Studies is to cultivate a cooperative, supportive intellectual environment that allows a small group of highly qualified students to excel in their doctoral studies. By admitting a small cohort of doctoral students each year, we can ensure that each student develops close working relationships with faculty members, receives strong and consistent advising, and five years of full funding, including tuition, stipend, and health insurance. Apply by December 31, 2022
- Johns Hopkins University Fully Funded PhD in Civil and Systems Engineering: Johns Hopkins University, based in Baltimore, Maryland offers a fully funded PhD in Civil and Systems Engineering. The PhD program in Civil and Systems Engineering aims to inspire the leaders of tomorrow to take on the challenge of creating and sustaining the built environment that underpins our society. Focal research areas in the department include structural engineering, structural mechanics, probabilistic methods, hazard management, and systems engineering. All PhD students are fully funded with tuition, a stipend, and benefits (including healthcare) for the entire duration of the program. Apply by December 31, 2022
- University of Utah Fully Funded MFA in Film and Media Arts: The University of Utah, based in Salt Lake City, UT offers a fully funded MFA in Film and Media Arts. The MFA in Film and Media Arts is a 3-year program designed to develop filmmakers who want to push the boundaries of conventional fictional and documentary storytelling. Starting with a comprehensive foundation in film and media arts production, criticism, and history. Graduate students typically receive financial support in the form of teaching assistantships. Teaching assistants receive a 75% tuition waiver through the Graduate School Tuition Benefit Program, in addition to a stipend. Graduate students may also apply for a range of scholarships and fellowships. Apply by December 31, 2022
- Clark University Fully Funded PhD in Geography: Clark University, based in Worcester, Massachusetts offers a fully funded PhD in Geography. The program offers a strong emphasis on both qualitative and quantitative analysis and the option to combine both in a research project. The students to contribute significantly to research and application in one of four main geographic areas of focus: Human-Environment/Nature-Society Geography, Urban-Economic Geography, Geographic Information Science and Remote Sensing, and Earth System Science. All incoming graduate students are guaranteed the same tuition remission and a minimum of three years of initial assistantship funding, as long as progress to a degree is satisfactory. Apply by December 31, 2022
- Northwestern University Fully Funded PhD in Spanish and Portuguese: Northwestern University, based in Evanston, Illinois offers a fully funded PhD in Spanish and Portuguese. The graduate program in Spanish and Portuguese focuses on the diverse Latin American, Iberian, and U.S. Latino literary and cultural traditions. The program seeks to instill in its students a strong knowledge of multiple approaches to research and scholarship both within Latin American and Peninsular literature and across the Humanities. Students will receive guaranteed Graduate School support for 5 years in the form of two years of fellowship and three years of teaching assistantships during years 1 through 5; students will have additional fellowship support for four summers. Apply by December 31, 2022
- Michigan State University Fully Funded PhD in German Studies: Michigan State University, based in East Lansing, MI offers a fully funded PhD in German Studies. The PhD programs provide a solid grounding in the core disciplinary areas of literature, culture, and language studies in a unique course of study that integrates digital humanities approach into coursework, teaching, and research opportunities. Ph.D. students are fully funded for 5 years. Funding is a combination of teaching assistantship, research assistantship, and fellowship. The program is committed to supporting its graduate students financially through the summer months, with a variety of funding sources. All funding packages include a tuition waiver, health insurance, and other benefits. Apply by December 31, 2022
- Michigan State University Fully Funded Master’s in German Studies: Michigan State University, based in East Lansing, MI offers a fully funded master’s in German Studies. The MA program is an ideal foundation for advanced graduate studies. It is also well suited for those teaching in the K-12 system as part of their continuing education. Master’s students are fully funded for 2 years. Funding is comprised of a combination of teaching assistantship, research assistantship, and fellowship. The German program is committed to supporting its graduate students financially through the summer months. All funding packages include a tuition waiver for 9 credits per semester, health insurance, and other benefits. Generous travel funding is also available. Apply by December 31, 2022
- NBCC Minority Fellowship Program for Mental Health Counselors (Doctoral): Fellowships of $20,000 for students pursuing a doctorate in counseling. Eligible applicants must demonstrate knowledge of and experience with racially and ethnically diverse populations, and commit to providing mental health and/or substance abuse and addictions counseling services to underserved minority populations through direct practice or the training of direct practitioners. U.S. citizens and permanent residents are invited to apply with special consideration given to underrepresented minority group members. Eligible applicants must be enrolled in an accredited doctoral-level counseling program at the time of application. / Due December 31, 2022
- NBCC Minority Fellowship Program for Mental Health Counselors (Master’s): Master’s fellowships of $10,000 for students studying for a master’s degree in mental health counseling. Eligible applicants must demonstrate knowledge of and experience with one or more of the following: underserved minority communities, child/adolescent and geriatric groups, minority communities in inner cities and rural areas, minority persons (including LGBTQIA2S+), or those who are veterans or are from military families. Eligible applicants must commit to teaching, administering services, conducting research, and/or providing direct mental health counseling to at least one of the above-listed populations. Eligible applicants must be enrolled in an accredited counseling master’s program at the time of application. / Due December 31, 2022
- NBCC Minority Fellowship Program for Addictions Counselors (Master’s): Master’s fellowships of up to $15,000 for addiction counseling students studying for their master’s degree. Eligible applicants must commit to obtaining an addictions counseling credential, demonstrate knowledge of and experience in addictions/substance abuse services to one or more of the following: underserved minority communities, child/adolescent and geriatric groups, minority communities in inner cities and rural areas, minority persons (including LGBT), or those who are veterans or are from military families. U.S. citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to apply, especially those from underrepresented minority groups. / Due December 31, 2022
- English Language Fellow Program: The English Language Fellow Program promotes English language learning around the world and fosters mutual understanding between the U.S. and other countries. It places talented, highly qualified U.S. educators with Master’s degrees with a focus on TESOL or Applied Linguistics in all regions of the world for 10 months. Fellow projects typically combine direct English teaching and teacher training, plus secondary duties that may involve curriculum and materials development, and the development of cultural exchange projects. Fellows receive a $30,000 stipend, roundtrip travel, and other benefits. / Due December 31, 2022
- Imperial College London Fully Funded PhD in Chemical Engineering: Imperial College London’s Department of Chemical Engineering in London, United Kingdom (UK) offers up to 10 fully-funded scholarships for outstanding Ph.D. applicants each year. It is a 3.5-year research degree that can be undertaken in 1 of 9 themes including biomedical engineering, energy and environmental engineering, materials, multiphase transport process, multi-scale computational chemical engineering, multi-scale thermodynamics, and molecular systems, reaction engineering and applied catalysis, separations, and soft matter engineering. In addition, there are also interdisciplinary collaborative research opportunities. Funding is provided through scholarships, studentships, and research assistantships. / Due December 31, 2022
- Nutrition Support Pharmacy Fellowship: The Nutrition Support Pharmacy Fellowship is a one to two-year clinical fellowship specializing in adult nutrition support services and nutrition-focused research for Pharm.D graduates. The fellow is an active member of the multidisciplinary nutrition and metabolic support service at EUH, providing both inpatient and outpatient nutrition support services. The subsequent year is based on research-based performance, interest, and funding. The Nutrition Support Pharmacy Fellowship program is designed to train the highly motivated fellow to develop expert knowledge and skills in specialized nutrition support practice and research and to become a clinical nutrition support pharmacy leader. Apply by December 31, 2022
Looking for fellowships or funding for graduate school? Sign up to discover and bookmark more than 2,400 professional and academic fellowships and fully funded PhD and Master’s programs in the ProFellow database.
© ProFellow, LLC 2022, all rights reserved.