Beat the summer heat (and these approaching deadlines) by applying for these fellowships now! This week’s list includes many Fulbright fellowships that send scholars and professionals around the world to give lectures and conduct research. There are also other opportunities for writers, journalists, scientists and engineers including grants supporting long-term projects.
Not ready to apply this year? Click the links to bookmark these fellowships to your ProFellow account.
Upcoming Fellowship Deadlines: July 30 – August 5, 2018
- Sofja Kovalevskaja Award: Long-term awards supporting recent PhDs as they establish a research group at an institution in Germany / Due July 31, 2018
- Fulbright Distinguished Chairs Program: 3 to 12-month awards supporting eminent lecturers and researchers / Due August 1, 2018
- Fulbright Schuman Program Chair at College of Europe: Short-term grants inviting scholars and professionals to give lectures at universities in Belgium and Italy / Due August 1, 2018
- Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program: Teaching and research awards for U.S. scholars and professionals in many different fields / Due August 1, 2018
- Fulbright-Saastamoinen Foundation Award in Health and Environmental Sciences (Fulbright Finland): 5 to 9-month lecturing and research visits at the University of Eastern Finland for full or associate professors with a PhD in a science related discipline / Due August 1, 2018
- Fulbright-Carlos Rico Award for North American Studies: Awards supporting scholars who are working on issues of relevance to the trilateral relationship between the U.S., Mexico and Canada / Due August 1, 2018
- Fulbright International Education Administrators Program: 2-week fully funded visits abroad, inviting U.S. higher education administrators to establish connections with education systems in different countries / Due August 1, 2018
- Fulbright Global Scholar Award: Awards for U.S. academics and professionals in all disciplines to engage in multi-country, trans-regional projects / Due August 1, 2018
- Fulbright-Masaryk University Distinguished Chair in Social Studies (Fulbright Czech Republic): Masaryk University invites academics and professionals to teach and conduct research in the Czech Republic / Due August 1, 2018
- Emerging Voices Fellowship: 7-month mentorship in Los Angeles inviting poets and writers to develop their craft / Due August 1, 2018
- Winston Churchill Fellowships for New Zealand Citizens: 3-month travel fellowships sending New Zealanders abroad to learn about other people and cultures as they develop new skills / Due August 1, 2018
- National Biosafety and Biocontainment Training Program: Master’s and post-doctoral fellowship programs training fellows in biosafety and biocontainment through experiential learning and mentoring / Due August 1, 2018
- Strategic Data Project Fellowship: 2-year program at Harvard University for analytical professionals to develop skills that can impact policy decisions that affect student outcomes / Due August 1, 2018
- William T. Grant Foundation Research Grants: 2 to 4 years of support to conduct research relevant to policies and practices that affect the lives of young people in the United States / Due August 1, 2018
- Experiment! Fellowship: Up to 18 months of support for researchers in science and engineering to put a potentially transformative and risky idea to the test / Due August 1, 2018
- Binational Research Tandem Program in the History of Knowledge and Knowledge Cultures: 9-month fellowships at the German Historical Institute in Washington, DC, inviting German and North American scholars to work on projects on the history of knowledge / Due August 1, 2018
- Anna-Maria and Stephen M. Kellen Fellowships: Short-term fellowships inviting German journalists to travel the United States and conduct in-depth reporting / Due August 3, 2018
© Victoria Johnson 2018, all rights reserved.