You’ve got 7 weeks left to apply! This week, several research fellowships in the sciences including opportunities for innovative research ideas in science and engineering in Germany, tropical disease research across the globe, climate research in India, sustainable energy, social sciences and more. There are also fellowships for professionals such as guest lecture opportunities for scholars and training for international neurosurgeons. Apply now!
Not ready to apply this year? Click the links to bookmark these fellowships to your ProFellow account.
- Experiment! Fellowship: Postdoctoral research opportunity for researchers and professors in Germany who want to put a potentially transformative and risky research ideas to the test. 18 month fellowship period and up to 120,000 Euro dedicated to science and engineering as well as in the life sciences. / Due July 10, 2019
- Centennial Travel Award in Basic Science Tropical Disease Research: International opportunity for physicians and scientists focused on benefiting underserved populations where burden of disease is high. Must be a full-time postdoctoral fellow enrolled at a U.S. or Canadian institution. Fellows receive $25,000 for research experience of minimum of 6 months in overseas site. / Due July 11, 2019
- DAAD Short Term Lectureship: Program hosting German scholars as guest lecturers in Canadian and US universities. Open to all disciplines for lectureships in duration of four weeks to six months. / Due July 12, 2019
- Bayer Foundation Fellowship Program: Scholarships for students and young professionals from Germany for study or research abroad or to foreign students/young professionals to pursue a project in Germany. Available in Life Sciences, Medicine, Agro Sciences, Biology and Chemistry Education, Healthcare, Technology, and Business. /Due July 14, 2019
- AANS International Visiting Surgeon Fellowship: Educational experiences based in North America for international neurosurgeons who will practice and/or teach neurosurgery in their home countries. Applicant must be a neurosurgeon or neurosurgeon-in-training from a developing country. Fellows receive $2,000 a month for up to 3 months airfare reimbursement. / Due July 15, 2019
- Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship: Fellowship offers 2 options for Indian citizens who are current PhD students or postdoctoral scholars to work with U.S. institutions on climate research and education. Fellowships between 6-12 months. Both fellowships include J-1 visa support, round-trip air travel between India and the U.S., a monthly stipend and additional professional allowances. / Due July 15, 2019
- Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships: For Indian faculty and researchers in early stages of careers in India. Fellows spend 8 to 24 months with host institution in U.S. researching across various fields. Includes J-1 visa support, a living stipend and round trip airfare between the U.S. and India. / Due July 15, 2019
- Kluge Fellowships: For qualified scholars to conduct research in John W. Kluge Center using Library of Congress resources for up to eleven months. For scholars with terminal advanced degree in humanities, social sciences or fields such as architecture or law. Fellows receive a stipend of $4,200/month./ Due July 15, 2019
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute Short-term Fellowships: Fellows meet in Panama year-round to provide support for graduate students and introduce them to tropical research. Focus on graduate students, awards are occasionally given to undergraduate and postdoctoral candidates. Fellowships provide a modest stipend of $800/month to cover living expenses. / Due July 15, 2019
- TomKat Center Postdoctoral Fellowships in Sustainable Energy: For recent PhD graduates to conduct research in sustainable energy and its intersection with food, water, the environment, or human health for up to two years. Salary of $65,000, or the minimum postdoctoral salary rate as stipulated by Stanford, whichever is greater. / Due July 15, 2019
© Victoria Johnson 2019, all rights reserved.