You’ve got 8 weeks to apply! This week’s list includes a program with the U.S. Federal Government, a summer teaching fellowship, a research grant, and an award for graduate students. There is also a unique opportunity for social entrepreneurs! Apply now!
Not ready to apply this year? Click the links to bookmark these fellowships to your ProFellow account.
Upcoming Fellowship Deadlines: May 3 – 9, 2020
- Presidential Innovation Fellows: The Presidential Innovation Fellows (PIF) program is a highly competitive 1-year fellowship that seeks to attract top innovators into government, capable of tackling issues at the convergence of technology, policy, and process. Fellows are embedded within federal agencies to collaborate on challenges with innovators. Fellows are based in Washington D.C. for the duration of the Fellowship, and are considered full-time employees of the federal government. Fellows receive a GS15 level salary, which typically ranges between $120-150,000. We accept applications throughout the year and hire on a rolling basis depending on the needs of our agency partners. / Due / May 4, 2020
- Generation Teach: Generation Teach provides six- or seven-week summer teaching fellowships to undergraduate students (freshman, sophomore, and juniors) in Boston, Denver, Holyoke, MA, and Providence, RI. Fellows complete two weeks of full-time training, learn core instructional strategies and practice key teaching skills, and work closely with a professional teacher. Fellows receive scholarships of $1,650 – $2,000 or subsidized housing and $750 scholarships. / Due May 5, 2020
- William T. Grant Foundation Research Grants: The William T. Grant Foundation Grants support high-quality research that is relevant to policies and practices that affect the lives of young people ages 5 to 25 in the United States. Grants are to be used for programs, policies, and practices that reduce inequality in youth outcomes and benefit American youth. Research grants about reducing inequality typically range between $100K to $600K and cover 2-3 years of support. Research grants about improving the use of research initiative will range between $100K to $1M and cover 2-4 years of support. The Foundation supports a diverse group of researchers who are currently employed at a tax-exempt organization. / Due May 6, 2020
- DOE Office of Science Graduate Student Research (SCGSR) Program: The SCGSR program provides supplemental awards to outstanding U.S. graduate students to pursue part of their graduate thesis research at a Department of Energy (DOE) laboratory in areas that address scientific challenges central to the Office of Science mission. The award period for the proposed research project at DOE laboratories may range from 3 to 12 consecutive months. Awardees are eligible to receive a monthly stipend in the amount of up to $3,000. Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Resident Aliens. / Due May 6, 2020
- Fulbright Specialist Program: The Fulbright Specialist Program is a unique opportunity for U.S. academics and established professionals to engage in two- to six-week, project-based exchanges at host institutions in over 150 countries. Specialists, who represent a wide range of professional and academic disciplines, are competitively selected to join the Fulbright Specialist Roster based on their knowledge, skill sets, and ability to make a significant contribution to projects overseas. Specialists receive full funding to participate in Fulbright Specialist projects, including travel, stipend and lodging. / Due May 6, 2020
- TOMODACHI- Mitsui & Co. Leadership Program: Ten American and ten Japanese young professionals will travel to each other’s country for one week to meet with leaders from business and government. The focus will be on innovation, new technology, and industrial development in the context of U.S.- Japan relations. The American delegation will travel to Fukushima Prefecture and Tokyo, and the Japanese delegation will travel to Silicon Valley in California and Washington, D.C. for the week-long fellowship. Eligible applicants up to age 40 with English proficiency and professional accomplishments in the field of industrial development are invited to apply. / Due May 7, 2020
Are you interested in Social Entrepreneurship?
Apply for the ProFellow Social Entrepreneurship Fellowship!
We are seeking a Social Entrepreneurship Fellow to join our team for a 6-month full-time professional fellowship from April 2020 to September 2020 (start and end date is flexible). This fellow will have the opportunity to work directly with ProFellow CEO Dr. Vicki Johnson to learn the nuts & bolts of running a global social enterprise and the strategies to sustaining a social impact mission through entrepreneurship. The fellowship is fully remote with flexible hours. Learn more here.
© Victoria Johnson 2020, all rights reserved.