Sales and Digital Marketing Assistant (Bend,OR / Remote possible)
About the Opportunity
We’re seeking an exceptional Assistant with experience in digital and email marketing, to support a visionary CEO and female Founder. This role will be an integral member of our team, supporting a growing online enterprise with a social impact mission in the higher education space.
This is a full-time, remote (work from home) position with an opportunity for growth, leadership development and increasing responsibility, as well as wellness and travel perks.
This is a great role for someone who:
- craves meaningful work and wants to make a difference in people’s lives.
- is tech savvy and loves to learn new things – including tools, systems and strategies that could help our organization make a bigger and better impact.
- is a natural problem solver, who seeks to do more with less
- would love to have a job that includes mentorship for your long-term professional development and “career adventure”.
Dr. Vicki Johnson is the Founder and CEO of ProFellow, the world’s leading online resource for information on professional and academic fellowships. ProFellow makes funding opportunities easier to find, shares advice on the competitive application process, and provides a free database of awards for individuals for professional development, graduate-level study, research, and creative projects.
ProFellow has two revenue streams: 1) advertising on our site and to our email list for fellowship organizations offering funding awards and leadership development programs and 2) Dr. Johnson’s signature online course for graduate school and fellowship applicants, Fully Funded. Through this role, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for helping our organization achieve revenue goals.
You’re used to being the right hand person to high-demand individuals who require responsiveness, immaculate organizational skills, and extreme attention to detail.
Because our organization is in a growth phase, we expect this role will have increasing responsibility over the next 12 months. We consider this a strategic role that will provide input for strategic plans and could evolve into a Chief of Staff position responsible for hiring, managing and training new team members.
In the short-term, you will be an apprentice to all aspects of the business and your immediate responsibilities will include:
Sales & Customer Service
- respond to advertising and customer service inquiries
- negotiate and land ad sales ranging from $1K – $10K+
- manage ad accounts, including invoicing, proofreading ad copy, calculating ad results and ensuring a positive customer experience
Content & Email Marketing
- design email broadcasts, email sequences and biweekly newsletters in Kartra
- create event registration and other landing pages in Kartra
- manage our social media platforms and produce image and video assets
- provide administrative support for live events and webinars
- manage communications with students enrolled in the Fully Funded course
- handle a variety of additional administrative tasks as needed.
In the long-term, you will also be responsible for input to strategic planning, hiring and management, event planning and more. Your compensation and bonus potential will increase as you hit targets.
- 1+ years experience in sales or account management
- 1+ years experience in digital and email marketing (paid ads and drip campaigns)
- Proven success managing projects and improving processes
- Impeccable follow-through. When you say, “I will deliver this project by Thursday at 3 pm EST”, you mean it.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with advanced proofreading and formatting skills
- Superb client services experience. You are personable, kind, and supportive and not easily flustered.
- Proactive with strong initiative. You are someone who always thinks ahead, anticipates situations before they happen, and takes on tasks without being asked.
Technical skills required:
- Kartra (or a similar email marketing software, like Convertkit, InfusionSoft, and Hubspot)
- Salesflare (or similar CRM software for sales, like Monday, Pipedrive, Outreach, and SalesLoft)
- WordPress (basic skills)
- Social media platforms for a business (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
Knowledge of these tools is not required but very helpful: WebinarJam, Canva, Vimeo, Hootsuite
This is a full-time, remote position based in the U.S. You must be available for client-facing work and calls during U.S. business hours. You need U.S. work authorization to be eligible to apply.
- Starting salary of $41,600 + opportunity for a significant performance-based bonus
- Fully remote position, work from home
- Up to $500/month in health insurance or wellness reimbursement
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Quarterly team retreats to the outdoor paradise of Bend, OR (once travel is safe!)
How to apply:
We are hiring immediately!
Please complete this application: https://forms.gle/doyzvsb2oG6TBxsE8
ProFellow is an equal opportunity employer. We serve a diverse audience and aim to build a diverse team that reflects the diversity of applicants we support and inspire. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.