Sponsored by Success Academy
Are you passionate, driven, and looking for an intellectually charged environment where you can make an impact? Success Academy gives you unparalleled opportunities to gain valuable professional skills and advance rapidly with leadership opportunities available both in and outside the classroom.
As a teacher in New York City’s top-performing network of K-12 charter schools, you will join a team of professionals committed to teaching and preparing children from low-income neighborhoods to be self-assured thinkers and leaders, capable of exploring and debating sophisticated ideas, and ready for college and whatever they set their sights on.
For Success Academy teaching positions, a background in education is not required. At Success Academy, we provide you with extensive training and a proven curriculum so you can focus on working with your students instead of building lesson plans.
Career Advancement and Skill Development:
Success Academy gives you unparalleled opportunities to gain valuable professional skills and advance rapidly with leadership opportunities available both in and outside the classroom. As a teacher at Success you will:
- Sharpen your communication skills and develop strong, meaningful relationships with students, their families, and your peers and mentors. This is inclusive of writing letters of recommendation at the middle school and high school level.
- Become a highly skilled problem solver able to tackle challenges in and out of the classroom.
- Learn to assess and analyze data to chart your students’ growth and achievement, and tailor your own teaching methods accordingly.
- Engage in professional development opportunities with school leaders to benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback and coaching to improve your performance.
- Have the opportunity to grow as a leader and ultimately a leader of the entire grade team. There are also opportunities to enter our school leadership track as an assistant principal as well as to transition to our network office.
What We Look For:
- Drive for Excellence: You set ambitious goals for yourself and have never been afraid of putting in the hard work it takes to achieve them;
- Confidence and Presence: You enjoy taking the lead and inspiring others with your passion and commitment;
- Passion for Content: You relish literature, science, history, and/or math and independently seek to deepen your knowledge of subjects that interest you;
- Planning and Organizational Skills: You have experience juggling multiple responsibilities and are able to plan around competing priorities;
- Emotional Intelligence: You have strong instincts for building trusting relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds;
- Learner: You are intellectually curious and are motivated to master new skills. You welcome feedback and coaching that will help you achieve your goals; and
- Grit and Determination: You are not frustrated by setbacks — you see them as an opportunity for growth.
Meet Our Community:
Hear directly from the children, parents, and staff that make up our vibrant community.
- A bachelor’s degree before your first day of work with Success Academy
- A rigorous and relevant academic major (i.e, biology, history, chemistry, economics, physics, English, mathematics, engineering)
- Ability to work in person in New York City
- Ability to supervise a classroom of 20+ students
- Competitive Compensation: Based on skills and experience
- Relocation Benefit: $2,500 stipend for qualified relocations to New York City
- Health and Wellness: A choice of medica, vision and dental plans
- Financial Security: A 403(b) Retirement Plan with the option of pre-tax contributions, Roth contributions, and employer-matching contributions. Employees also have access to life, accident, and disability insurance.
- Resources for Success: SA employees receive Macbook computers and technology-equipped classrooms, employee entertainment and fitness programs, a pre-tax commuter benefits plan, cell phone reimbursement and more!
Hiring Now, Apply Today.
Not ready to apply today? Bookmark the Entry-Level to Experienced Teachers Positions to your ProFellow account.
© ProFellow, LLC 2023, all rights reserved