This article is continuously updated with the latest open calls for applications from ProFellow’s esteemed partners! Be sure to bookmark this page to check it frequently for new opportunities.
The following list of open calls for applications includes professional fellowships, research grants for individuals, and graduate school funding opportunities that are now accepting applications.
The opportunities are listed in order of application deadlines. Click the links to learn more!
The Visiting Scholars Program provides a unique opportunity for select scholars in the social, economic, political, and behavioral sciences to pursue their research and writing while in residence at the foundation in New York City. The fellowship period is September 1st through June 30th.
- Must have a Ph.D. or comparable terminal degree
- Must be at least 3 years beyond the Ph.D. Doctoral
Deadline: June 24, 2021
To support their vision for health equity for all Californians, CHCF is launching the CHCF Health Equity Fellowship Program. The mission of this program is to identify, develop, and support emerging BIPOC leaders who have the capacity to become local and regional catalysts for health equity across California.
- Brings a demonstrated commitment to racial and economic equity.
- Has work experience in a field related to the fellowship’s project — experience can come from any number of fields: health care (including behavioral health) delivery or administration, public health, health policy, health innovation, impact investing, or health financing, particularly in the safety net and Medi-Cal.
- Lives in California.
Deadline: June 28, 2021
The fellowship, a partnership between Watson Institute and Western Union Foundation, is a program for young entrepreneurs and community leaders who are from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe. This year-long program is designed to equip fellows with the skills to transform their communities.
- You are a next-generation entrepreneur or community leader from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe.
- You have relevant social impact and leadership experiences with proven experience in building community development projects.
- You are from the following countries: Austria, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States
Deadline: July 9, 2021
This part-time, fully-funded program matches emerging leaders, called MAP Fellows, with nonprofit executives, called MAP Mentors, driven to create positive impact while leveling up their skill sets and deepening professional networks.
- You are an emerging social impact leader with skills that allow you to tactically and creatively solve the MAP Challenge to which you are applying.
- You have a track record of being the driver on a foggy road: navigating the uncertain, understanding when to ask for directions, and ultimately finding your way.
- You do the right thing and will rise to commitments of the fellowship
Deadline: July 28, 2021
The Institute for Humane Studies is committed to lightening the financial burden of getting a PhD for students through their Humane Studies Fellowship by providing up to$15,000 in direct financial aid. Students interested in developing, teaching, and applying classical liberal ideas and the principles of a free society, as well as students whose research has clear policy implications, are encouraged to apply.
- Must be enrolled full-time in a PhD program at any institution for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Must have a research interest that contributes to the advancement of classical liberal scholarship.
Deadline: August 1, 2021
Schwarzman Scholars offers one-of-a-kind perspectives that you can’t get from a textbook. A year spent in China provides Scholars myriad experiences that forge lifelong friendships and a valuable set of cross-cultural leadership skills. The Schwarzman Scholars experience encompasses unique opportunities in and outside the classroom, including extensive leadership training, a network of senior mentors, opportunities to engage in high-level interactions with Chinese leaders, optional internships, career development, travel seminars around China, and more.
- Must have an undergraduate degree or be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year
- Must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year (for the current selection cycle, as of August 1, 2022)
- Must be proficient in the English language
- No minimum GPA requirements
Deadline: September 21, 2021
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is searching for the leaders of tomorrow. Graduates with initial leadership experience from Brazil, the People’s Republic of China, India, the Russian Federation, South Africa, or the USA interested in implementing a self-chosen project that supports career development while working in Germany are encouraged to apply.
- Citizenship of Brazil, the People’s Republic of China, India, the Russian Federation, South Africa, or the USA, including predominantly living and working in one of these countries
- Bachelor’s or comparable academic degree completed no more than twelve years ago
- English and/or German language skills
Deadline: October 15, 2021
AmeriCorps brings people together through service and volunteering to improve lives, strengthen communities, and foster civic engagement. AmeriCorps members serve directly with organizations and nonprofits to tackle our nation’s most pressing challenges. AmeriCorps members serving in the VISTA program support projects that address poverty in communities across the country.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the United States
Candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent
Rolling application deadline